This looks bad. What do these ata errors indicate?

• Just noticed this when I was at the console. Everything seems to be working fine, but these errors kept butting in on the console. Assuming they are important if they would show themselves while at the console.

System drive is a Seagate 250GB. The RAID10 is made of Western Digital Red 2TB drives. Motherboard is an Asus E35M1.

• Just did a cp file1 file2 on the RAID10 while doing a 'tail -f /var/log/syslog'

• Replaced all 5 SATA cables with brand new, shorter cables.

Still seeing errors.

• There appears to be some hardware or bios settings issue. This is not Operating System related. Are all your harddrives SATA and did you make sure AHCI was on when you installed OMV? Are you using a CD or DV drive that needs IDE?

• Is your CPU overheating??? Check it you may have to reseat your heatsink and make sure your cpu fan is running properly. This seems crazy but I've found some posts that had this issue where cpu overheating was cause.

• I'll have to try and monitor it. It's basically the AMD version of an Intel Atom. Asus has a fairly large heatsink built-in. Supposed to be fan-less, though I do have a fan blowing right on it. I'll try rebooting a few times with a temp probe on it.

• You should be able to go into the BIOS and there is a section where you can see the CPU temp. Look at your manual. If you are experienced with heatsinks you may have to take it off, clean the CPU and heatsink, reapply artic silver, reseat the heatsink and make sure it is firmly against the CPU. I know the e350's and e450's. If you are running hot you may have wire a 50 or 60mm fan to the heatsink. Check the temps in the BIOS.

• Seems to me like a SATA command that the HDD is not understanding or a UDMA issue. I would try falling back to a previous revision of SATA if your board supports it. Try SATA 2 instead. If the issue is still present, then try SATA 1. If the motherboard does not have these options, most drives will have a jumper to force any SATA revision of your choosing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!