Installation problem - RasPi [solved]

• I am new to this so I would appreciate replies that assume complete-dummy level of understanding!

I successfully loaded the openmediavault to my Raspberry Pi series1 and was able to get it all to boot up. I entered the default username and password of admin/openuservault and I appeared to get logged in, as a series of user messages were displayed. However the $prompt then reappeared and I was again asked for the username and password. Further attempts to login were followed by the same result and I am again asked for the username and password. No IP address was offered and I couldn't connect via a browser.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Phil

• OK - I sorta solved the problem. Gave up on the Pi v1 and reinstalled on a Pi3. This time I was able to connect and get the GUI to run on a browser. I think the problem with the Pi1 is:
    a) that you need to update php5-pam manually - and I haven't found out what that is and how to do that; and/or
    b) there was a network cable problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!