Install Teamviewer 11

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Install Teamviewer 11

Did anyone tryied teamviewer 11? I read that it finally support Linux os without GUI, so it's like using SSH!
      I know it's heavier, but it's a lot easyer to use if i'm not home, and also I can manage all my computers from one program.
      Do I need to d something particular before install it? For example, does multiarch works?
      I tryed to install it, but it game me this error:
      dpkg: error processing archive teamviewer.deb (--install):
      package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
      Errors were encountered while processing:
      teamviewer.deb

but according to teamviewer it should me a multiarch package
      Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M pro4s - 8GB ram - 2x4TB WD RED in RAID1 - 1TB Seagate 7200.12
      OMV 3.0.79 - Kernel 4.9 backport 3 - omvextrasorg 3.4.25

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blabla ().

• Just follow the guide. I'm disappointed how they accomplished this though... it uses wine. So, this isn't a true linux package.
      omv 4.0.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

Just follow the guide. I'm disappointed how they accomplished this though... it uses wine. So, this isn't a true linux package.
      I found it right a few minutes ago, and was reading my command line, so I wasn't mistaked when I read wine :(

BTW now it's stuck while launching GUI:

Source Code

1. root@NAS:/media/RAID1/Dati/Download# dpkg -i teamviewer.deb
      2. (Reading database ... 110931 files and directories currently installed.)
      3. Preparing to unpack teamviewer.deb ...
      4. Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/teamviewerd.service.
      5. Unpacking teamviewer (11.0.57095) over (11.0.57095) ...
      6. Setting up teamviewer (11.0.57095) ...
      7. xdg-desktop-menu: No writable system menu directory found.
      8. root@NAS:/media/RAID1/Dati/Download# teamviewer
      9. Init...
      10. Checking setup...
      11. Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
      12. Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
      13. err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
      14. Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
      15. Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
      16. err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4315d437-5b8c-11d0-bd3b-00a0c911ce86} not registered
      17. err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4315d437-5b8c-11d0-bd3b-00a0c911ce86} not registered
      18. err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {4315d437-5b8c-11d0-bd3b-00a0c911ce86} could be created for context 0x3
      19. wine: configuration in '/root/.local/share/teamviewer11' has been updated.
      20. Launching TeamViewer ...
      21. Launching TeamViewer GUI ...
      Display All
      What Are all those errors? Most of all "
      xdg-desktop-menu: No writable system menu directory found."?
      Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M pro4s - 8GB ram - 2x4TB WD RED in RAID1 - 1TB Seagate 7200.12
    • This version of teamviewer is supposed to allow connection to headless systems and a full desktop environment is not part of the dependencies. According to the home page, it says you can connect to a remote terminal through the teamviewer client. Not sure why you wouldn't just use ssh but oh well.
      omv 4.0.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • teamviewer doesn't need a particular configuration in case I want to acces if i'm not from home, also I can control all my computer from only one program instead of two :)
      BTW if it won't work i'll simply uninstall it and remain with putty
    • You might want to check out Guacamole. It's an html5 remote desktop gateway that uses various protocols (RDP, SSH, Telnet, VNC) for remote access and is device compatible. It's what I use in a VM on my OMV box to access and control the computers inside my home network. The best thing is it's device compatible! Although, RDP on a 5.5" touchscreen is a bit challenging lol.

Of course it does require some setup. You'll need to run VirtualBox in OMV to run the Guac VM. I did some googling and found this site thatservernerd.com/2016/02/25/…os-76-the-super-easy-way/ which has pretty much the same steps I did way back when I installed my setup. All you need is a minimal CentOS install and to run the Guac installer script. The script will prompt for input when needed.

After it's installed then it is just a matter of setting up either the Windows RDP on the clients and/or SSH or VNC on the Linux clients in your home network. Then adding each connection to the Guac gateway. The above link sort of goes over adding the connections to Guac.

For remote access outside your home network you have a couple options. You can either forward port 8443 to the Guac VM (assuming you installed the VM with bridged networking) from your router/modem. Or use the OpenVPN_AS plugin in OMV which gives you access to your internal network and thus the Guac VM.

For me it works well and is worth checking out.