Greyhole plugin install is not possible | unionfilesystems can't add new shares

• If I try to install the greyhole plugin via webinterface, it fails with the following error message:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     openmediavault-greyhole : Depends: openmediavault (= 3.0.13) but 3.0.31 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

According to OMV Extras homepage, the erasmus-greyhole repo is listed as stable.

I also tried to use unionfilesystems, but there I can not add a new share for the created drive pool.
    If I want to pick a drive, I get the following error message:

Code
    Couldn't extract an UUID from the provided path

System info:
    OMV 3.0.31
    Debian 3.16.7-ctk25-2+deb8u3
    Host: ESXi 6 Update 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, that was put in the repo 3 weeks ago.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If I take a look at the plugin menu, it displays unionfilesystems 3.1.4. I can try again to install it.

But in general, unionfilesystems should work with OMV 3.0.31? Is it possible to use afs mit mfs? Do I have to setup anything or choose any options at the creation of the drive pool?

• Perfect, it's working with mergerfs.
    Samba wasn't working, until I added "defaults,allow_other" to the options at unionfilesystems.

But the DrivePool appears empty? If I take a look at the filesystems tab with the webinterface it shows the correct amount of space usage.

I would like to use the DrivePool with some drives, which already have existing data on it.

Do I have to manually move the files? Or did I setup anything wrong?

• I see the union mount point, but the folder is also empty. I did not get what you said regarding the uuid.
    But if I take a look at the filesystems via webui, the drive of the mergerfs DrivePool is mentioned there as false. But it displays the correct amount of disk usage.

If I create a new folder via Windows on the DrivePool, it also corretly adds the folder on the corresponding drive.
    So probably the solution is to create a DrivePool folder on each drive and move the data to that folder?

My Solution:
    Adding the DrivePool folder on each drive and moving files manually worked out. Dont forget to set the correct chmod manually.

• sorry for late answer,
    subzero79 explains well thanks.
    and thanks for mnui for letting me know options `defaults,allow_other` missing
    I should have to submit patch for that problem

back to the problem
    did you check your permission, mnui?
    check thread subzero79 wrote
    since mergerfs is not raid you don't need to empty before merging

I tested, I can see my shares in samba (OMV 3.0.31, omv-ufs 3.1.4)

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von luxflow ()

• No problem at all. You're answering very quick in that forum! Big compliment to all!

After creating the DrivePool folder on each drive and moving the data into that folder, everything is working fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!