Looking to jump ship from current outdated NAS software

• Been looking around for a new NAS software and after reading some reviews I landed here. The community here seems very active and answers questions nicely.
    Currently I just have a very simple setup:

AMD 5350
    ASRock AM1H-ITX

8GB RAM

SilverStone Sugo Series SG05BB-LITE

4TB Seagate NAS HDD
    Small SSD
    65 watt power adapter

Current use is:
    PLEX
    Transmission
    Google Drive/Photo's/Dropbox Sync

Even though I have very little power draw with this setup I still need HDD Spindown,Auto Start/Auto Shutdown is there anything I should know before install ? Version 2.x/3.x ? File system ect.. to avoid any complications. Thanks!!!

• Even though I have very little power draw with this setup I still need HDD Spindown,Auto Start/Auto Shutdown is there anything I should know before install ? Version 2.x/3.x ? File system ect.. to avoid any complications. Thanks!!!

OMV 2 or 3 depends on the plugins that you need. OMV 2.x plugins don't work in OMV 3.x and not all of them have been ported. Plex and Transmission have been though.

There aren't any solutions for direct sync with Google Drive or Dropbox that I know of.

• NextCloud has the option for you to sync your data with Google Drive or Dropbox.
    This required a manual installation.
    You can use OwnCloud 8 as the guide.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• i have been playing with OMV for a bit now.
    I tried v 2.x and 3.x

and unless you need/want something in addition to what you have now
    I would go with V3.0

it has PLEX and Transmission , not sure about dropBox though as i do not use it.

the Storage/Physical disk plugin has disk spin down settings as needed

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• NextCloud has the option for you to sync your data with Google Drive or Dropbox.
    This required a manual installation.
    You can use OwnCloud 8 as the guide.

I was looking at and perfer Nextcloud as an answer for syncing but couldn't find anything in OMV Extras for it. I will have to take a look around the forum.

the Storage/Physical disk plugin has disk spin down settings as needed

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!