Help Setting up 802.3ad

• Hi,

I am fairly new to OMW so please be gentle. I have successfully installed OMV onto a spare PC I had lying around with a HP NC360T Dual NIC. OMV detects both ports as eth0 and eth1. Currently using eth0 with eth1 disabled. The OMV box is connected to a Cisco 3750 and would like to use both ports on the OMV box as 802.3ad. I am somewhat familiar with Cisco stuff but here is my configuration on the 3750.

interface Port-channel2
    description <--OMV-->
    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    switchport trunk native vlan 106
    switchport mode trunk

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/11
    description <--Port Channel 2-->
    switchport mode trunk
    channel-group 2 mode passive

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/12
    description <--Port Channel 2-->
    switchport mode trunk
    channel-group 2 mode active

interface Vlan106
    description <--OMV-->
    ip address 10.0.106.1 255.255.255.0
    ip helper-address 10.0.0.1

---End---
    OMV IP Address = 10.0.106.2

With both eth0 and eth1 enabled I am unable create a bond. With eth1 disabled I am able to select eth1 but not eth0, probably because eth0 is in use.

I am assuming this would probably need to be done via cli which I am not comfortable with. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi,

and you're right, bonding have to occure before booting the eth's ... anyway, you have to set both Cisco-Interfaces to "channel-group 2 mode passive".
    So, i think, you have to edit the network configuration directly, since the correct setup path will down your the in use (no more WebGUI)

I had running 802.3ad on my Cisco 3750 too, but my old serverboard nic's didn't scaled well over samba (cifs), so i'll currently wait for 10G :P

Sc0rp

EDIT: anyway, i can guide you through the configuration process, as long you have console access

• Hello i think i passed the same problem than you but i could config the bonding:

If i am not wrong:

eth0 - your actual omv ip
    eh1 - disabled
    Add bonding, add eth1
    Save
    Config bonding with alternate ip
    Access omv trhoug ip of new bonding
    delete config and disable eth0
    Reconfig bonding to add eth0 and original ip of your omv

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!