File contains invalid json

• I've installed OMV x64 on a new box after running i386 version for a while.
    Although OMV is at 2.2.5 version, the newest iso I've found is 2.1.5
    Isn't there a downloadable image of the latest?

But the main problem is the error I get every time I try to configure something.
    I've updated to 2.2.5 right after install, rebooted and after that I can't do anything.
    I've checked the boot drive with a surface scan and I'm sure it'a a good drive so my install shouldn't be corrupted.

Does someone know what's going on with my install?
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

The OMV version really shouldn't be causing this. The 2.1.5 ISO should be fine especially if you update right away.

As far as fixing the issue, that is hard to do without error messages, method of updating, and things you are trying to configure.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The OMV version really shouldn't be causing this. The 2.1.5 ISO should be fine especially if you update right away.

As far as fixing the issue, that is hard to do without error messages, method of updating, and things you are trying to configure.

Yes, I had updated right away.
    OMV installed fine. After reboot I logged in as Admin via the Webgui and ran the update.
    Although I think I tried to set the time first as it was off but I got the error message.
    It updated without problems, rebooted.
    After reboot I'd be getting this error on pretty much everything I tried to do "save" changes.
    After hours of scratching my head and googling, I found a fix on the forum here - adding the "[]" to /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json
    After a restart I was able to save configuration changes.

Another problem I've ran into at the same time (and I'll make it a separate post) is that when installing OMV from a usb flash drive, the drive was added to fstab and it conflicted with one drive of my raid 5 array.
    I was not able to mount my raid 5 volume no matter what.
    Again after hours of looking, and using the console (it cannot be solved from the webgui) I've noticed the error in fstab.

So it's two very serious install bugs and my install is pretty simple - one boot drive and three hard drives in raid 5 array for data.

If I had not been a Linux user since mid '90 and a computer tech by trade, I had no chance to resolve this.

To OMV developers, please squash the bugs and integrate some tools into the webgui (command console, way to list and perhaps edit config files like fstab etc.) so one can get more troubleshooting done remotely via the webgui.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I could've seen the exact error message, I could've pointed you instantly to one of threads on how to fix the dirtymodules.json problem. And actually just googling "openmediavault dirtymodules.json" show the proper thread on the first link.

I would love to see the wrong fstab and how you fixed it. Please post the before and after. If there is one thing OMV does perfect is create the fstab file. Unless your usb stick had the same filesystem uuid (very doubtful), the fstab was not the problem. I have installed OMV many, many times with a usb stick onto a usb stick and never seen this. The only problem we see is grub being installed on the wrong usb stick.

squash the bugs? we need exact error messages. Hardware info is helpful as well.

integrate tools into the webgui? Did you look at the Report tab in System Information? It has fstab and a lot of more. omv-firstaid corrects a lot of the typical problems from the command line and a noob can use it. If configs were to directly edited from web interface, we would have lots of people causing problems with their systems by making bad changes/typos. Because of the way OMV changes config files, those changes would be overwritten on the next change to that particular service as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!