booting from USB stick

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I suppose you also boot systemrescuecd and dd the usb stick image to the hard drive if clonezilla keeps giving you the errors.

I have dd and systemrescued (and even supergrubed and boot-repaired) without any luck or satisfying final result.

@ 2 in the morning, I've decided to make an OMV fresh install, and everything is up and running now.
    Datas seem to be in place, the raid array is declared "clean" , grub has accepted to run on /dev/sde.

The only drawback : I've lost all my shared folder user accounts and so on... (I used the wrong ressource to backup my config.xml... the only big mistake during this late nite rescue op). I've some system dogfooding to do.

Thank you for your support. I've learned more in one day than during the whole last month :- ))

Zen

A good working kernel is not supposed to crash unless it says "please"

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad to hear it is working. Wish it would've worked the other way. If you really want to learn about Linux, install Gentoo (or Linux from Scratch) in a virtual machine sometime. I started playing with Red Hat back in 1998. I didn't learn much until I switched to Gentoo in 2001 :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely follow it

I have some vm's and "live" apps running with *nux (backtrack, some DSM keys, one or two Ubuntu) but most of them are used as blackboxes. My "bench machine" hosting most of these VM's is a Microsoft HyperV bare hypervisor

I began to play with these kernels some years ago too. Circa 1980-90. SCO 2.3.2, and minix with the KA9Q TCP/IP -the very first GOOD reason to avoid using it again :- ). The best way to quickly shutdown the system was simply to look at it :-/

That's the reason why I only have vague memories and habits using tty, but I know enough to know that I know nothing. A Gentoo without any X11 layer will certainly be a good starter.

Thank you again for the time you spent and these little seeds of knowledge you sow

Zen

A good working kernel is not supposed to crash unless it says "please"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!