Time Machine OSStatus error 2

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Time Machine OSStatus error 2

Hi all! :)

I'm Filippo and I'm trying to setup a little NAS build with OMV 2.2.5 in order to do a backup of two iMAC by Time Machine.

I followed the steps showed in the video and I checked every setting to shared folder created in HDD (file system is ext4) installed on server and Time Machine show me the shared folder but when I try to connect, I get this error: Time Machine OSStatus error 2

So I reset and setup again all permissions of the shared folder and of the user that I created to manage this folder but I get the error again.

I tried to uninstall and re-install netatalk but I didn't solve anything.

What can I do to solve this issue? I've read some topics on this forum but none had the solution.

Thanks in advice.

Cheers
    • I had read that thread but the folder has no spaces in the name.The login works because if I use a wrong user or password the login window trembles.I try to connect to the server by CMD+K in finder but I get this error:Non ci sono partizioni disponibili o non sei autorizzato ad accedere al server.
      Traslation:
      There are no partitions available or are not authorized to access the serverBy CLI, I've verify the permissions of media and I've see this about that HDD:

Source Code

1. drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Aug 22 17:50 0f0f897e-f021-4125-bc33-f6cb9d64c319

In this HDD, I've see this for the folder that I want to use:

Source Code

1. drwxrws---+ 2 Marco users 4096 Aug 22 17:50 TimemachineMarco

I think that the permissions are all ok.I don't kwon what else to do or check.Thanks in advice.
    • Try to use this structure

0f0f897e-f021-4125-bc33-f6cb9d64c319
      |
      |_ TimeMachineFolder/ <- Create this empty shared folder using OMV UI a new one. Then put this shared into AFP with time machine enabled.

The folder TimemachineMarco has different default ownership and ACL so I don't know how netatalk will behave under those circumstances so better start clear
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10
      telegram.me/openmediavault broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server