Outage: omv-extras

• I apologize again that it took us so long to get everything back up (with the exception of the demo).

Thank you all for your patience and acknowledgments.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure why this is happening but I had to update the signing key due to weakness. apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73 will fix.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I tell if this is an issue for me or if everything is working properly?

If you are using OMV 3.x, it isn't an issue. If you have omv-extras 2.13.4 installed, it isn't an issue. Executing the command won't hurt anything though. It just installs a repo key.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• If you are using OMV 3.x, it isn't an issue. If you have omv-extras 2.13.4 installed, it isn't an issue. Executing the command won't hurt anything though. It just installs a repo key.

I've noticed that when I take updates, there's always a message about skipping validation checking or something like that because it could not be completed. Does this repo key need to be installed in order to fix that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why don't you install the key and see if it fixes it? Are you worried adding the key will hurt something? Otherwise, post the message. Not exactly sure what message you are referring to.

• Why don't you install the key and see if it fixes it? Are you worried adding the key will hurt something? Otherwise, post the message. Not exactly sure what message you are referring to.

No, I'm not concerned at all. I just want to learn how repo keys work, as I do not really know.

I just looked in my log and saw "An error occurred during signature verification...", so I installed the key, as the number and letter sequence at the end of the log entry is identical to the key you posted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The key just verifies that files in the repo are signed by that same key. Unless you have the private key and password, you can't sign a package with that signature.

• Hello guys I am creating a new Boot disk...finally with AMD64 iso.
    everything is working except for OMV-Extras plugin installation. I have downloaded the required file:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb
    uploaded to my NAS but when I install the new plugin I get an error I have never seen before (see attached jpeg)
    I have done this several times, so I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
    Thanks
    Mastro59

• I think it is wrong file.
    I got this error when I was trying to load the file for v2.0.x

I am attaching the one I used for omv v3.0.
    just remove the .txt from the end before loading up.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like your Debian repos are not set right.

What is the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-cache policy apt-transport-https

• Offizieller Beitrag

It should install dependencies when install from web interface.

• Nothing was working, so I solved rebuilding the Boot disk..now everything seems to work fine. I bet I must have done something wrong during OMV installation. I may have mounted 3.0.26-amd64.iso to create the new boot disk
    now I have rebuild the disk using openmediavault_2.1_amd64.iso, and this one seems to work well...
    I may give a try again to install OMV 3.0.26AMD64 on another disk, just to see what happens.

thanks for the help

• I have used the "openmediavault_3.0.26-amd64.iso" just now to setup my test VM
    it worked well.

what you do is run install as usual.
    than once you can get into the console add the new key as per "ryecoaaron" instrucctions
    than you can login to webUI and run update.
    I usually just run apt-get update from CLI as well, than go to UI.
    should work as expected.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am trying to install the omv-extras plugin and was getting the attached error message, that is installing through the plugin and manually. Any suggestions?

Looks like you are trying to install omv-extras for omv 3.x on OMV 2.x. That does not work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!