Error when attempting to wipe disks

• Apologies, I am new to OMV, and I have seen a similar thread elsewhere but it is marked resolved and none of the advice seemed to fix my issue! I have three 2TB drives (two are formatted with Ext 4, one with NTFS). However, when I try to wipe the drives I get the following:

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdb' 2>&1': BLKRRPART: Device or resource busy

and on clicking "show details" the following:

Error #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdb' 2>&1': BLKRRPART: Device or resource busy' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc:328Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDiskMgmt->wipe(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('wipe', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('DiskMgmt', 'wipe', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

What should I do to fix this (if you would also explain why it resolves the issue I'd appreciate it, just so that I can learn from this experience). None of the disks hold any data.

My system is: ZOTAC ZBOX CI323 nano running OMV 2.1

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Drive is probably mounted. What is the output of: mount

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's the weirdest thing - I rebooted this morning after banging my head against the wall (that's what the loud noise was), and having done nothing extra, all three drives are now showing up, and I am able to create a RAID 5 array. Sorry to have troubled you...

• Hi,

I am jumping on this existing thread rather than creating a new one. I'm a new user and suffering the same problem. I've been migrating data from NTFS drives to EXT4 drives and receive the same error as OP when I try to wipe the NTFS drive.

Based on another thread, I tried the following command via CLI: export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdg' where sdg is the drive I am trying to wipe.
    The output is: BLKRRPART: Device or resource busy

I also checked mount and sdg is not mounted.

Any advice is appreciated!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you want to wipe the drive, just dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdg bs=512 count=100000

If it tells you that it is still busy, it must be mounted somehow. I would reboot.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!