hdparm.service missing

• Well I've installed OMV 3.0.32 from a running Debian installation (it's a bit more involved with a RAID1 USB stick boot).

It actually runs quite fine until I started trying out spin-down settings for my HDDs.

If I want to apply the settings for hdparm I get the message:

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl reload hdparm 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to reload hdparm.service: Unit hdparm.service not found

And sure enough, there is no hdparm.service in the /etc/systemd/system/ folder where I would expect it to be.

Can someone post me the content of that file? (wasn't able to find it anywhere)

OMV Erasmus on Debian testing (with a bit of Jessie mixed in for good flavor)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not on my systems either. Not sure why you would want hdparm to run as a service anyway. Where are you changing the settings?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm under "Physical Disks" and changing the spin down values there and as soon as I apply these, I get this message. Should I do it somewhere else?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure. I don't spin my drives down. Pretty sure you shouldn't get that error though. File a bug report on bugtracker

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Okay thanks to votdev I now know that there is a problem with hdparm in Debian testing, mainly the file /etc/init.d/hdparm was removed from the package (have to look up why). This usually starts the hdparm.service which is then accessible with systemctl.

I've extracted the file from the jessie package and put it in my /etc/init.d/ folder and after a restart the hdparm.service is now available and working as expected.

Sorry for not mentioning that my installation is on Debian testing (yeah I know OMV 3.x is supposed to be installed in Jessie, I'm just not a fan of Debian stable).

• Offizieller Beitrag

yeah I know OMV 3.x is supposed to be installed in Jessie, I'm just not a fan of Debian stable

While I don't understand that comment when you are using a NAS, it was important information to tell me.

• I had my fair share of trouble with Debian stable and outdated packages, which never happened on Debian testing. For my needs I consider Debian testing as stable enough (I'm not updating every day so I hope that critical bugs don't affect me as often as they occur).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had my fair share of trouble with Debian stable

Like what? I've used it for a long, long time and haven't had any issues. Typically the only outdated packages that really bother anyone are the multimedia packages.

• Well maybe it's gotten better, once doing a dist-upgrade made a total mess out of my system so I had to reinstall it (that's a long time ago). More recently I was missing the new PHP packages and some other Webserver related features (and installing from source, while possible, often turns into a mess as well), I couldn't care less about multimedia packages.

I won't bother your support for my system again I guess (your limited resources are better spent on helping people using the official distribution).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!