Use Telegram as notification service Q&A

• Is it right for using the Telegram informations i must set up the email notification?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Successfully setup telegram notification in OMV6, thanks ryecoaaron for guide!

But have a question - is it possible to add unicode symbol according to notification type?

For example if I`ve got notification from Smart service - that temp of HDD is high -> add 🔴 in the beginning of post in telegram, or if some scheduled job passed - 🟢 or ✅.

And how to do it?

It would be much easier to distinguish notification, for example how I make it on mikrotik:

• Works great, but have a question.

Case: my UPS connected via USB to NAS I use plugin openmediavault-nut 6.0.1-1, works great, but if I have no electricity at home and no internet connection in the same time (now it can happens often, because of f*cking russians, who try to destroy everything in my country) I will get only email notification when electricity and Internet connection will be restored (that is fine), but nothing in Telegram.

What should I additionally setup for getting this notification and in telegram too?

Zitat
    Code
    UPS ups - Line Power Fail, system running on battery power. Shutdown imminent in 180 seconds.
    Code
    Automatic logout and shutdown proceeding
    Code
    UPS ups - Line Power Fail, system running on battery power. System is being shutdown!
  • but if I have no electricity at home and no internet connection in the same time

Feed your ISP router from the UPS.

That way you'll still have Internet until the UPS is drained.

• Feed your ISP router from the UPS.

That way you'll still have Internet until the UPS is drained.

First of all. If you read carefully - I have UPS and my router and NAS connected to it, BUT I will not have internet because my router is not the source (surprise!) my provider also can not support during black out internet, do you know why? - Because all city can be without electricity, whole 2 millions city!

Even 4G will gone in 1 hour, because no such power batteries on mobile providers.

I hope you will never understand, but at least google about war in my country before giving me stupid advice. Thanks.

Only my starlink will be working.

Secondly. This topic about telegram notification if you don`t know how to do it - please don`t spam.

• If you read carefully - I have UPS and my router and NAS connected to it

There's nowhere saying that your router is on UPS

I hope you will never understand, but at least google about war in my country before giving me stupid advice.

No, I don't understand. And I hope I never have to.

But I don't go blaming other people for the issues I have on my own country with these type of replies.

This topic about telegram notification if you don`t know how to do it - please don`t spam.

And again, you're right.

No more SPAM from my part on something that I know nothing about and was made for OMV3.

Good luck and keep safe.

• Works great, but have a question.

Case: my UPS connected via USB to NAS I use plugin openmediavault-nut 6.0.1-1, works great, but if I have no electricity at home and no internet connection in the same time (now it can happens often, because of f*cking russians, who try to destroy everything in my country) I will get only email notification when electricity and Internet connection will be restored (that is fine), but nothing in Telegram.

What should I additionally setup for getting this notification and in telegram too?

Literally nothing. The mail server receives the notification and re-sends it until success. The script is executed only when the server gets the mail to be sent. The post server cannot re-run Your script. Forget about it.

P.S. I'm from UA too. Don't spread Your hate here. You have social media like FB, Insta, TG, etc. Do it there, if You wanna change something. This forum is visited by a few developers and a few users. All of us are VOLUNTEERS and share our help in our free time. Calm down, please.

My city is destroyed, but I'm clever enough to talk about it in a proper place and not on a tech forum.

• Hello :)
    So the script is working well when i execute it manually. However when i send a Testnotification with the Webinterface nothing is arriving at Telegram. The normal Test E-mail is sent though.

It would be nice if someone could help me to troubleshoot :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!