Plex: library empty after upgrade

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Plex: library empty after upgrade

Hey guys!

Today I decided to upgrade my plexserver installation (was running a pre 1.x build) to the latest package. I removed the existing version by running this:

apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
      apt-get purge plexmediaserver
      usrdel plex

Because I figured it might be better to do a clean installation, but it might be here things went wrong.

After that I installed the most recent package in the repo (1.0.3.2461). I enabled it in the OMV web interface and saw that the "Database Folder" there was pointing to the correct location (/media/UUID/plexmediaserver), however once I navigated to the plex web page it wanted to configure itself as a fresh installation with a new library.

I'm a little scared to poke around on my own and have things overwritten by accident, so I thought I'd ask some advice on what to check here first.

Thanks in advance!
      J.
    • Ended up poking. Slightly. I *thin* this is were things are wrong:

File /etc/default/plexmediaserver

Source Code

1. # default script for Plex Media Server
      2. # the number of plugins that can run at the same time
      3. PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_PLUGIN_PROCS=6
      4. # ulimit -s $PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_STACK_SIZE
      5. PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_STACK_SIZE=3000
      6. # where the mediaserver should store the transcodes
      7. PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_TMPDIR=/tmp
      8. # uncomment to set it to something else
      9. # PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR="${HOME}/Library/Application\ Support"
      10. # the user that PMS should run as, defaults to 'plex'
      11. # note that if you change this you might need to move
      12. # the Application Support directory to not lose your
      13. # media library
      14. PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_USER=plex
      Display All
      Am I wrong to think I should uncomment PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR line and make sure the path is pointing to my original folder?
    • Managed to fix the issue. Not sure what it was though, but things are working again.

- uninstalled Plex
      - renamed the /media/UUID/plexmediaserver folder to plexmediaserver_backup
      - reinstalled Plex, select correct database volume. Enabled Plex. It created a new plexmediaserver folder.
      - disable Plex
      - copied all content from "plexmediaserver_backup/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server" to the new "plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server"
      - enable Plex

Dancing ensued.