Problem with OMV 3.0.32 and sabnzbd 3.2 - unrar doesn´t work

• Hi.

Have installed OMV 3.0.32 with sabnzbd 3.2. Everthing works great. I have set the permissions. But unrar doesn´t work. All move in the right folder. It is a password protected rar. The nzb files contains the password. So this should work. The same problem with nzbget. Right permissions but unrar doesn`t work. Extract manually with the password works.

Greetings

• Hi!

Had exactly the same issue.

Please check

unrar -V
    Output will be

unrar 0.0.1

right after type
    apt-get remove unrar-free
    it installs unrar and deletes unrar-free

After installation check unrar -V

Use should have
    UNRAR 5.21 freeware

After this I could unrar my files

Cheers

URBANsUNITED

• This did not work for me. All that command did was uninstall unrar-free (and also sabnzbd, for me).

Doing an unrar -V resulted in "no such file or directory"

Fortunately, I was able to reinstall sab, which ended up re-installing unrar-free

edit: I should note, I don't any password stuff going on at all. The rars are unprotected and still don't unrar. I'm able to unrar from my desktop fine, but that really reduces the automation aspect I'm looking for here.

• Is it possible this is the wrong place to ask about this? Is there a github account maybe or something that would be better?

Also, as a side question, there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to update individual plugins from the GUI. Am I missing something?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use this plugin but that is strange that unrar wouldn't work. I suppose you could try posting an issue on the sabnzbd plugin github page.

If there is an update for the plugin, it will show up in the updates tab. You are most likely using the latest version but this doesn't sound like a plugin issue (sabnzbd issue?).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Only thing i can suggest it to give nzbget a try instead of sabnzb, I think you will like it.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• This problem is due to an old version of unrar, incompatible with latest sabnzbd. What you need to do is to install one of the most recent version of unrar (nonfree).
    Fortunately, a package is disponible on the Debian main non-free repo (version 5.21, tested successfully with SABNzbd).

Here is what you need to do:

Code
    apt-get remove unrar
    echo "deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian jessie main non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-get update && apt-get install unrar

N.B.: if you want a localized repo, please consult this list.

• Did you get sabnzbd to work? i appear tobe having the same issue. fresh install of omv3 ive set up sonarr sabnzbd exactly how they were with omv2 it will snatch and send to sabnzbd and download but sabnzbd doesnt appear to unpack the files it just moves the raw files to the complete folder i set for sonarr.

only error ive had in sabnzbd is Cannot change permissions of /media/248520ca-4649-481e-a3aa-4368ede666b3/SABnzbd/Temporary

but ive set the acls to be read\write\execute for everyone and applied it as a replace and recursive.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• I am having the same issues now as chclark has mentioned.
    I have tried to do the fix as mentioned by massiliattak but I just cant get it too work, I am only new so I am not so great when it comes to using Putty.

• apt-get remove unrar
    • echo "deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian jessie main non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
    • apt-get update && apt-get install unrar

I have done step 1, not a problem, it tells me unrar is not installed, its step 2 and 3 I am struggling with, If I type the first part of step 2, it just goes to a new line, then I type the second part in and it freezes, do I type it all on the one line as it looks?

• I am having the same issues now as chclark has mentioned.
    I have tried to do the fix as mentioned by massiliattak but I just cant get it too work, I am only new so I am not so great when it comes to using Putty.

• apt-get remove unrar
    • echo "deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian jessie main non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

I have done step 1, not a problem, it tells me unrar is not installed, its step 2 and 3 I am struggling with, If I type the first part of step 2, it just goes to a new line, then I type the second part in and it freezes, do I type it all on the one line as it looks?

i ended up doing this

• apt-get remove unrar

and this got it working once unrar was updated

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!