Can't create NFS share on OMV3

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can't create NFS share on OMV3

I created a clean OMV 3.0 VM. I mounted my BTRFS filesystem and this went fine. I can create shared folders and share those folders with samba.
      But... I can't create NFS shares! I get the following error:

On my 1.19 OMV installation these problems don't exist.
      Any ideas on how to fix this?
    • I used @ symbol in the foldername because the folder is a BTRFS subvolume. OMV1.19 didn't have any problem with this... Isn't that strange? Did NFS (plugin) change for OMV3 ?

update:
      I created a symlink of the folde called "@Media" to "Media". After that, I created a new shared folder called "Muziek" with path "Media/muziek". Then, I tried to create an NFS share of this new shared folder (which is using the symlink) an now the NFS share creation worked well!

Next, I will try to do this for a folder called @Datastore... Right now i'm missing this datastore on my ESXi server :-0

The post was edited 1 time, last by T.Underhill ().

• Didn't work entirely... The NFS share is created, but VMware ESXi 5.5 can't create the NFS datastore.

What version of NFS is OMV 3 running? Is it NFS version 4?

ESXi 5.5 seems to want NFS 3, see this error:
      "NFS mount 192.168.1.11:Datastore failed: The NFS server does not support MOUNT version 3 over TCP."

Any help is appreciated.
    • After looking at this some more, this most likely is an issue with datamodels which are new to OMV 3.0.13+. I would file a bug report here
      omv 4.0.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.1
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Strange but "fortunate" event last night. My wife spilled water on an electrical outlet en we had a short-out.
      When I switched the power back on, my ESXi server restarted and the NFS datastore connected successfully.

Maybe it just needed a reboot.
      For now I consider my issues solved.

Thanks for your help Aaron.