how to browse local Directories

• hi guys

I'm brand new to omv and managed to setup a working Plex server with shared folders. It runs like a charm, but i can't figure out how to browse my system Files? Also i see a lot of command Lines when people are asking and answering in here? I feel so stupid because i can't Seem to Find the terminal either?

Promise not to laugh:-(

• Im pretty new so I had the same trouble but basically if you want to view your files after you have created a folder you must activate ftp or smb/cifs then you can move files etc by going to my network on Windows and your raspberry pi will show up then all you have to do is log in (make sure to add a user other than admin) and for mobile if you activate ftp you can move files etc with a client or my personal favorite ES file explorer. In order to use a terminal you must either log in via SSH or log in as root:openmediavault when it prompts you via the raspberry pi.

• You access the console through SSH with a terminal program like Putty. You need to enable SSH access first.

You can also install the shellinabox plugin, which is a web-based terminal program.

To access your shares, you typically mount them as CIFS/SMB drives on your desktop computer. You can also use NFS, FTP, or pretty much any other protocol. You need to set up users and permissions first.

• thank you for explaining it for me , guys

Ssh and ftp is already activated but as i tried to login as admin and My New password My Linux computer now remembers My login as "admin" and therefore Will not Mount that drive. Do you now how to logout as admin when you're not even logged in?

I Hope you understand My problem...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!