Raspberry Pi 3 - Wifi support

• hi guys,

i want to configure my pi3 with the intigrated wifi-module. on the console i can see the wlan0 interface with ifconfig.

but i get this error in the omv-gui:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; ethtool 'wlan0' 2>&1' with exit code '75': Settings for wlan0:No data available

Fehler #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; ethtool 'wlan0' 2>&1' with exit code '75': Settings for wlan0:No data available' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:174Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/net/networkinterface.inc(90): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/net/networkinterface.inc(252): OMV\System\Net\NetworkInterface->getData('ethtool')#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/network.inc(97): OMV\System\Net\NetworkInterface->getState()#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/network.inc(853): OMVRpcServiceNetwork->getIfaceInfo('wlan0')#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceNetwork->getWirelessCandidates(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getWirelessCand...', Array, Array)#7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Network', 'getWirelessCand...', Array, Array, 1)#8 {main}

do you have an idea?

best regards
    trayntab

• 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
    2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether b8:27:eb:be:48:c7 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.215.37/24 brd 192.168.215.255 scope global eth0
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/ether b8:27:eb:eb:1d:92 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

• hm okay, i tried omv-update and rpi-update but it's the same problem :(

ah, the systeminformation:

processor: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)

thats not right, the Pi3 have an A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wireless firmware is there. ethtool doesn't work with the RPi3's wireless and returns:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# ethtool wlan0
    Settings for wlan0:
    No data available

But, I know it is working because I installed the iw package (apt-get install iw) and got the following output:

You can my test AP's SSID and my neighbor's SSID in the output. So, I connect:

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will test it later.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Didn't have a chance to try it last night. Maybe tonight.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The latest commit works.

• Can I add to this? I don't want to hijack the thread.

I'm getting the same issue with a fresh install of v.2.2.5 on an Rpi3. Before installing the beta version, can I check that the above solution is in v.3.0.24? I'm a new user of OMV, can I update, or do I need a new install?

I tried several unsuccessful methods to get wlan0 working properly from the command line. In the end I did manage to get it up and running using the web GUI (whilst connected via Ethernet) to disable and re-enable wlan0 from the network settings page. Unfortunately this needs to be repeated over ethernet after each reboot. Therefore, this isn't a long term solution because I'd like to keep my RPi in a different room to my router. But if I could trigger whatever script is run from the gui via from a script running at boot this might solve it, any pointers how I'd trigger the disable/enable script?

Cheers

omv 3.0.53 | RPi3 | 2 x 2TB WDRed | Startech Enclosure S3510BMU33B | Weekly Rsync

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!