NZBGet config: MainDir path to USB HD share

• Hi,

I've installed OMV (omv_2.2.5_rpi2_rpi3.img) on a Raspberry Pi2 with a USB HD connected to it. Works fine. Made some shares to the HD (with which my W10 tablet has some issues, but that's off-topic), so far so good.

I'd like to use this Pi as a download station with NZBGet, so I've installed the plugin and managed to connect with the Web Interface. The SD card I'm using for OMV on the Pi is 16GB, so all downloads and temp files etc. have to go to the USB HD.

I've spent several hours trying to get this configured, but nothing seems to work. There's a share on the HD, I've selected this share in the Shared Folder dropdown in the NZBGet-plugin config screen. But when I want to point to this folder as MainDir in the NZBGet Web Interface nothing seems to work. I've tried about everything, everytime I get either "Permission Denied" or "Folder doesn't exist".

Getting a bit desperate here... Is there a step-by-step guide to get this one working (that I didn't find yet - I mean, I Googled my *** off but....)???

I know it's basic Linux stuff, but I'm no hero at shares, security, users and so on. Most of the time I'm following the white rabbit, but now I'm lost.

Eternal thanks in advance for helping me out, kiss on the cheeck for reading all this text...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Evanelten () aus folgendem Grund: edit: problem solved. I'm an asshole.

• When you select the folder in the plugin view the plugin should auto setup the correct config to use that location as the MainDir
    You should not have to edit the config to choose the same location, try uninstalling and reinstalling the choose the folder and then restart nzbget, now check the config to see if the value for MainDir has changed.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I did just that after posting this entry and everything works ok now. Immediately after I made an edit to the post (I guess you missed that one, but never mind).

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion.

• Would you mind explaining how you did this? When I try (RPi 2 with external NTFS drive) and I change the settings to point the "MainDir" to the external drive, NZBGET crashes. I have read other places that the program crashes if you use an external drive. The other programs on the Pi (Sonarr and Couchpotato) can access the drive just fine. It seems only to be NZBGET that has an issue.

• @tommymsw it's important that you don't use the 'normal' path to your share in nzbget for maindir, but the path with the long adress (I don't know where it comes from, is it a MAC-adress or something like that?) in it.

in my case: /media/D4EA9694EA96730A/NZBGet

besides: I'm using a .sh file to delay for 30 seconds at boot before the HD mounts. OMV does not auto mount the external drive so you lose it at every boot and have to mount it again.

hope this helps

• Ok, I have the .sh file created. Thank you. But as far as:
    "1. it appears by itself when you select the share in the plugin config, don't edit the path in webgui - that's where I went wrong"

I am still confused. I have to change the path in the webgui so it will point to the external drive, right?
    Right now the MainDir is set to "${AppDir}/downloads" and that would be the SD card. I am not sure what you mean by "when you select the share in the plugin config".

• .sh is ok, but does the drive auto-mount? is it mounted when you try to edit maindir?

maindir pointing to ' {AppDir}/downloads' is not good....

go to the the omv webmanager, services, nzbget and select your share in the right panel(there IS a share, right?). save and acknowledge the save. on my pi it takes a few seconds to actually save...

finally check if the 'long path' is there in the nzbget webgui.

hang in there, it's possible! ;)

• Oh... I don't have OMV installed. The drive IS mounted at boot, so maybe the delay will be enough. Like I said, the other programs on the Pi can see and use the drives. So maybe the delay is sufficient. I'll give it a shot when I get home.

• Yes, that is a GREAT assumption. However, before I came here, I had no idea what "OpenMediaVault" was and just assumed it was the name of the forum.:) I just Googled my problem and found this thread. That being said, it looks like I stumbled across a really sweet new program I need to check out. Looks like it makes things WAY easier!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!