Problems with internet access after new ISP/router/CPU

• Hey guys,

I've been using omv for 6 months or so and I think it's pretty freaking fantastic. I'm on Stone burner 2.2.1. I am good with computers, but I am a newb when it comes to Linux, so bear with me please.

When I installed the setup originally everything worked just fine. I had samba, snapraid, sonarr, couchpotato, sabnzbd, and plex installed and working just fine. They are still installed, but the ones requiring internet do not work correctly. I moved and changed my router, modem, and installed a gigabit un-managed switch. Additionally, in the move process I figured I'd take the server downtime to update my processor to one that is a little more powerful (went from an Intel Pentium g3220 to an Intel i5-4570).

I have LAN access to my setup, but there is no internet access for anything on the box. To clarify, I can see, open, delete, create, etc. files saved in the samba share, I can access each plugin, I just can't access internet with them. I.E. sabnzbd will not download anything because it can't access the internet, but it will grab an nzb from the correct folder and setup like it's going to download.

I've tried an omv firstaid, to re-setup lan, but that didn't do anything (I did not setup ipv6, but didn't initially either). At this point I wonder if it's my new router that is causing problems but I don't know linux well enough to diagnose connection issues. I also don't know what to do on the router to help. It may not be the problem though as all computers, android devices, xbox one, and tv access internet just fine. The TV and xbox one are installed on the same gigabit switch that the OMV machine is on so I know the switch isn't bad.

In my router I have setup the OMV as a reserved ip address. The OMV install itself is set as dhcp. When I ping 8.8.8.8 this is what it shows. I don't know what to make of it.

This is just to see what it's connecting to, but again I don't know what to make of it... I know it has an assigned IP - same as designated on router.

This is netstat - again no idea what it's supposed to be... 192.168.1.1 is my router...

Code
    netstat -rn
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
    0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 eth1
    192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eth1

And then I think this is showing there is no firewall on OMV's side...

Everything I read online said changing the processor shouldn't have an effect on the original install. However, I figure it has to be something to do with one of the aforementioned changes: router, modem, processor, gigabit un-managed switch

I feel like I'm missing something because I don't know linux the best. Any advice or troubleshooting guides would be much appreciated.

• K Guys. Thanks for your help on the forums. subzero, just before you posted I figured out that I had issues with my old router being 192.168.0.1, while my new router is 192.168.1.1. This created DNS problems and I couldn't access internet from the OMV machine because it was sending stuff to the wrong ip. I could have changed my router's ip address to reflect that, but it seemed like a crappy work around, plus I really wanted to figure it out.

So, I saw this thread and noticed the following information from JanN (who said he got it from Volkers). SSH into root and run the following:

Code
    dpkg-reconfigure --frontend=noninteractive resolvconf

After the above command, reboot. The system will reconfigure DNS. If you had a similar problem to mine, everything should work now. For me it worked and all is well!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!