[SOLVED] Installation OMV ??

• I try to install OMV from an USB stick. I installed the ISO on a USB stick, detached all hard disks from the system and boot up with the stick. When I arrive at the screen the disks must be partitioned I get the message that there are no disks available.
    In the tutorial is written I don't need to attach a HDD during install.
    How do I have to install OMV when I have the ISO on a USB stick???

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure which tutorial you were reading but it probably meant you didn't need a hard drive if a usb stick was attached (not the one you are installing from). It is now recommended not to install on a usb stick. So, you really need to have one hard disk installed which OMV will be installed on.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like you are half way there. Plug one hard disk into the system. Boot with the usb stick you already created. The installation program will find and install OMV on the hard drive.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hint: _all_ HDD-Space will be used for the OMV-System. Make sure you use a small one ;) I'm using a 2,5" 20GB-HDD from a old Laptop. After install you can plug in all other HDDs and format/configure them via the OMV-WebGUI.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "M.A."

Ok, can you please inform me how to install OMV on a hard disk?
    I can't find any tutorial where will be told how to install OMV on a hard disk.

Connect one hard drive, and the USB, then boot the USB, and it should install fine (assuming there isn't some other weird hardware problem). Just keep in mind that the drive you put the OS on, can ONLY be used for the OS, not for media, services, etc. So try to use a fairly small drive. Old laptop drives work really well if you have any laying around.(Edit: Woops, I see Solo already mentioned this.. but it's important enough to repeat.. :)) After you're installed, shut down, and connect your storage drives and set them up in the webUI.

http://wiki.openmediavault.org/index.php?title=Installation

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!