Virtualbox installation fails - missing dependencies

• Hey people!

After I managed to get my OMV 2.x installation to grind to a stop I upgraded to OMV 3. Things have been quite smooth since, the only problem I have is I can't install virtualbox.
    Below, the error. I thought dependencies were automatically installed?

Thanks for any advice.

J.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to either install the backports kernel (button to do that in omv-extras) or manually enable the backports repo. I recommend using the backports kernel.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

I have a similar problem, I'm using BPO 4.9.0-0 witg OMVExtras installed, i get the following during the VirtualBOX plugin installation:

I have tried manually installing the packages but it's not able to install them

• Offizieller Beitrag

There seems to be something going on with some Debian repos. I didn't have a problem but others are.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

anything I can try?

If you are a Debian developer, you could fix the repos :)

• I know that the 4.8 backport's kernel having issues with dependencies, at least on the ftp.debian mirror.

I had the same issue as the OP on a new PowerEdge T330 build. Trying to recreate my current OMV setup on a new/larger hard drive.

There seems to be something going on with some Debian repos. I didn't have a problem but others are.

Which repo are you using?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which repo are you using?

My repos are having the same problem. I wasn't replicating the problem properly the first time.

• You may wish to do a "Check" again. In my case, a second package just showed up on the Management page, one related to another which wouldn't install. I updated both and it worked fine this time, now that page is empty. Looks like you were right, rycoeaaron, and Debian got their repos sorted out. At least, the one(s) to which I was connecting.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!