RAID 6 degraded

• This is on a 1.19 box. I've had this server up and running with an active clean RAID 6 array for quite some time now.
    Just a few days ago I logged in to the webUI to apply some openssl/libc updates and I noticed that my RAID 6 volume was in a degraded state..... =O

Some basic disc info/mdad.conf etc. is here.....
    http://pastebin.com/s37uqydz

Had to use pastebin because...

Code
    Message is too long, must be below 10,000 characters.

Every 1TB disk you see there should be part of the array. The two other discs are a 320GB where OMV lives, and a 16GB flash drive that I use for flashing RAID firmwares, boot recovery, etc..

Obviously, I'd like to get the array back to a clean state. Why isn't it showing me which disk failed? How can I go about replacing/investigating the failed/missing disk?

:/

• Offizieller Beitrag

The output of cat /proc/mdstat does show you the "good" disks. Just compare that with the output of fdisk and see which one is missing. If it doesn't show up in fdisk, the drive has failed. With that many disks, you will need to go through the physical devices tab and compare serial numbers.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see the failed flag on any of them in your pastebin. Did it just show up? That would definitely make it easier.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the drive completely fails, it won't show up with the (F) flag because the system doesn't know what device it is.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!