OMV Sensos not working anymore

• Im trying your todo list, and ends up with the following error when enabling in web-interface after new script:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf sensors balls 2>&1' with exit code '139': Warning: unrecognized option '-n' Segmentation fault

any idea?

• You are running OMV2 so the wget line should be wget -O /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-sensors/2.x/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

Run all commands again substituting the above line.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

Run that and let me see the output

• That does not show any errors??

• On the plugin page you should only have enabled "CPU Temperature" and "Show Cores"

You do not have sensors to monitor anything else, if you have different then above try it and let me know.

• Hi,

OMV-sensors plug-in is working fine on my system but the graph on the dashboard are only showing CPU-temp by hour, by day, etc., which I don't think is the right one. Graph is showing 22°C for CPU which is probably the GPU temp
    The output of the sensors command is this:

How can I make graph showing the right cpu temp (temp2: 38°C) and the FAN speed (fan1: 1746 RPM)

Thanks.

• Your sensor is not in the list, i have added it now so you should run

Code
    rm /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    wget -O /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-sensors/master/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    chmod +x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

to install the latest version of the script.

• sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

Run that and let me see the output

• There was a typo when i added the cpu section so that has now been fixed. The cpu fan should still have shown the graph though.

You can re-run the update commands again to get the latest script to see if it fixes your issue. Before you do that try refreshing the OMV webui and click the refresh button on the cpu fan tab to see if it does show the graph.

• Sorry but still no go.
    I clicked the refresh button before updating and after updating. I even rebooted the system. On sensors plugin only CPU temp and CPU Fan speed are active.
    Forgot to mention I am on OMV3.
    I will run that command and post an output file again.

Thank you very much for your time and effort. It's very kind from you. If we can't fix it, don't bother I will give up it's not something critical on my system. Or you can try to give me some hint where to look deeper on my own. I have beginner to medium knowledge of linux and I can use the system to learn.

• The fix was not in that output, checked on github and was not there either. I forced it now so it should work now if you update again.

• Now I get CPU temp graph but the values are not correct on the scale. The temp scale is 0, 100, 200 and my temp is somewhere between 100 and 200 which is not correct. With the sensors command the temp must be around 39 C.
    Fahrenheit is not checked in the plugin.
    Still no fan speed graph.

• I think that its due to the first graph that was showing, maybe try deleting the old .rrd files rm /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-f71808a*/*.rrd
    There maybe a command to reset the rrd cache but ATM i do not know what it is.

You should run sensors-detect after that.

Have a look at /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/fan this is the file that creates the fan graph, post it if you would like me to take a look at it.

• I deleted all the files in /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-f71808a*/ and there where recreated
    I run sensors-detect and graph still have scale 0, 100, 200

So I decided to uninstall and then reinstall Sensor plugin. After uninstalling I was left without web interface. All I get is a blank web page with the omv logo. I try reboot the system but still no web interface. I can access the system on ssh but I'm stuck at this point. Now I have to find a way to get back the web interface. :):):)

I am trying right now an:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

Hope it will help. If I manage to get the web interface back and reinstall sensor plugin I will post if it works or not.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!