To Plugin, or not to Plugin... That is the question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• To Plugin, or not to Plugin... That is the question

So I am waffling between doing:

• a custom Ubuntu/Debian build w/ Webmin, mergerfs, /var moved to the tmpfs, on USB.
      • OMV w/ mergerfs, flashmemory plugin, etc

MY concern with going with OMV lies with the plugins. 2.0 is stable, 3.x is in beta, but it seems all the good plugins are in the beta camp, and nothing new is coming to the 2.0 branch. Is it possible to use OMV, and if there is no plugin, to go with apt-get for installs instead?

I really would like to use OMV but the plugin system is really hindering my decision to to move forward. Any advice?
      Thanks
    • OMV 3.x is ready in my opinion. What are the good plugins??

OMV is just debian. You can install anything that you can install on Debian. Just don't expect the plugin to interact properly if you install a package and configure manually first.
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • z-vap wrote:

So you think 3.0 is ready eh?
      I have been running it on all of my systems for 6+ months. So, yes. Volker thinks it is ready as well. Just a couple of the plugins aren't.
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!