error message: Failed to execute XPath query

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved
    • error message: Failed to execute XPath query

I can't get my list of jobs and can't create new jobs all i get is error message:

Failed to execute XPath query

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='57d38c39-2013-41ac-9333-82db4f28c704']'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rsync.inc(77): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.sha...', '57d38c39-2013-4...')#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRsync->getList(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Rsync', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

Is there a way to reset RSync service.
      thanks.
    • Do you have installed OMV3 via ISO image or did you upgrade from a OMV2 system?
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • Has the package installation failed multiple times before it was successful?

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      I will face my fear.
      Only I will remain.

• to answer your question, you have to manually modify /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Search for rsync and delete everything between <jobs> and </jobs>.

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      I will face my fear.
      Only I will remain.

• votdev wrote:

to answer your question, you have to manually modify /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Search for rsync and delete everything between <jobs> and </jobs>.
      After successfully using Rsync once, and then deleting the shares I had used, I have the same problem.

Is there a way to do this from the command line? Step by step? Or another way to edit and save the config.xml file other than shellinabox? I have installed shellinabox, but whenever I try to run the web client is won't get past the login password, so I can't use it.

Updated 3 hours later-
      Woo Hoo! I ran nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and followed exactly what you said, votdev. Did the trick! Rsync now runs without the Xpath error.

Thanks a bunch!

The post was edited 1 time, last by curious1 ().

• I had the same problem, after messing around some directories manually rsnyc threw up some error messages. Editing the xml fixed it!
      Erasmus 3.0.89

running on

Mobo:Asus H87I-Plus (C2) Socket 1150
      RAM: 4GB (1x 4096MB) Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1600 DIMM CL11 Single
      CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 2x 3.00GHz So.1150 BOX
      PS: 300 Watt be quiet! System Power 7 Bulk Non-Modular 80+ Bronze
      Data: 2x 4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX
      Case: Chenbro SR30169 mini ITX (4 bay) - removed that crappy backplane! :D
      ...............................................................................................
      Ubuntu since 10.04 - learned a lot, but not enough yet...
    • votdev wrote:

to answer your question, you have to manually modify /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Search for rsync and delete everything between <jobs> and </jobs>.
      I don't know how else to say this but I could kiss you right now. I just ran into this issue and for once I found a very simple (to me) and easy fix that got me RIGHT through to what I needed to do. Very awesome sir.
      OMV 3.0.76

Asus Z97, Intel i7-4770
      16gb Ram
      Corsair 550w PSU
      Fractal Design Mini Black MATX Case (5 Fans)
      4x WD 6TB Red (Raid 6) Main Storage
      2x WL 3TB (Raid 1) Secondary Storage / Future Cloud
      30gb SSD (OS)
      Plex Media Server Lifetime Pass member
      Linux n00b
    • Hello,

I have this problem when visiting the Rsnapshot page to add a job.

Source Code

1. Fout #0:
      2. OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='5ae0e2f5-8189-4682-828d-37a60d8a3ee2']'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rsnapshot.inc(73): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.sha...', '5ae0e2f5-8189-4...')
      5. #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRsnapshot->getList(Array, Array)
      6. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RSnapshot', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)
      9. #5 {main}
      Applying your fix doesnt work for me. Any idea?

Thanks

Edit: Fixed by doing the same in the Rsnapshot section: remove jobs. Thank you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ezra ().

• I still don't have a clue how to fix it...

I've installed the newest version of OMV on muy Pi 3... I don't know how to remove that annoying error. I don't even know where I could find the cli/cmd. I ran the command "nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml" over tasks then set it as a daily task and manually run it immediatly. Didnt have any sense because it gave me another error.

Who can help me with this problem because I can't solve it myself neither Google helped me...

Thanks