Name Resolution Not working Fresh Install - Please Help

• I have installed a fresh copy of OMV 2.1. I know that this has been rehashed many times here but I read all the posts with no luck.
    During the installation of OMV at home I input the proper and tested IP of an available IP, the Public DNS of 8.8.8.8 and the gateway address of my router. I select nothing for domain. (I have tried with a domain)
    Sometimes when the installation is finished I do not get a url to connect to the box, so I have to manually configure the network using omv-firstaid inputting the same info as before during instalaltion. After rebooting I can get in via a web browser.
    Once in, I goto network and check the proper IP, DNS which I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, no domain and everything else looks good. Kepp in mind if I goto the CLI on the box and ping anything on the internet (domain name) like google or Microsoft or even our corporate webserver, nothing. if I ping and IP address I get responses, if I ping my router I get responses, if I ping devices in my house I get responses. (all by IP address)
    Now if I goto plugins to install any of the available ones I get host not known/cannot resolve hosts.
    I have even rebooted my router and switches, used the 2nd net port on the box, connected straight to the router. no difference.

Any insight would be helpful. Sounds like a configuration file needs to either be edited or blown away and recreated. Again, I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

• I will have to take a look and get back to you. Kind of a newbie with Linux, I suppose I have to ssh into this device and look at the file.
    I will post what I find here.
    Thank You

• search local
    nameserver 192.168.0.1 (My router) I have tried others 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

I can ping internal and external IP addresses but not hostnames
    Any help appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!