Terminal for Remote-Desktop-Plugin

• Hello,

i installed the remoto-desktop-plugin on my omv 3.16.0. The installation worked well and i can connect to the remote-desktop.

But i am wondering that there ist no definition of a standard-terminal (Screenshot). Can you help me selecting a standard terminal? I have just a small linux-knowledge an dont know which programm i have to choose. Can you tell me the name of a installed terminal and the path to it, please?

Thank you very much.

Yours,
    Alexander

• Offizieller Beitrag

Install xterm with apt-get install xterm. I should probably just make that a dependency of the plugin. You will probably need to install a browser like iceweasel (renamed firefox) too.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have read, that XFCE 4.10 have a problem with VNC (for example here)
    XFCE 4.12 solve this problem. Unfortunately Debian Jessie only comes with 4.10.
    A possible solution for me was, to use the Mepis Repository (MX Linux)

Code
    sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://main.mepis-deb.org/mx/repo/ mx15 main
    wget http://teharris.net/mx14repo.asc
    su -c "apt-key add mx14repo.asc"
    apt-get update

NAS: Mini-ITX ASRock SoC, Intel Celeron N3150, 8 GB RAM, OMV x86 64bit

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you tried it to get this issue? I don't have it on my systems. I definitely wouldn't start adding repos to your systems and you definitely shouldn't add them to sources.list. Create a separate file or use omv-extras to add the repo/key.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I had problems with VNC with the Remote-Desktop-Plugin, it does not work proper.
    That's the reason, i was searching for solutions.
    I have used the way above and it works for me. Now i can use VNC without problems.

Before that i have used the solution, mentioned in the first link:

Code
    apt-get install -t testing xfce4

That does not work good! Updates after that are mixed with stable and testing-updates.

It is maybe a beginner-question: why should i not use the sources.list? It looks like that it is working. Why is omv-extras the better way?

NAS: Mini-ITX ASRock SoC, Intel Celeron N3150, 8 GB RAM, OMV x86 64bit

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had problems with VNC with the Remote-Desktop-Plugin, it does not work proper.

That is because the config the plugin creates doesn't create the entry for VNC. I created it so people would use remote desktop. Hence the name. Would have called it openmediavault-vncserver otherwise.

That does not work good! Updates after that are mixed with stable and testing-updates.

Yep, that is why we tell people not to use other Debian version repos.

It is maybe a beginner-question: why should i not use the sources.list?

While you can do it and it works, that is where the main debian repos go. the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ folder is where .list files for other repos are supposed to be placed.

It looks like that it is working. Why is omv-extras the better way?

Yep it works. It would work in the correct directory as well. The idea of OMV is to not have to use the command line. Using omv-extras to add the repo and key eliminates the need to use the command line most of the time. It puts the repo in the proper file and adds the key for that repo so you don't have to.

These are all just suggestions. You don't have to follow any of them...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!