Get USB Ethernet Gadget to appear in list of network interfaces?

• So, here's the situation. I have an Rasbperry Pi 3 running OMV. I have an Raspberry Pi Zero that's running Raspbian Lite, that I have set up as a USB Ethernet Gadget – meaning that it gets power and internet access from a single USB cable. What I want to do is to plug the RPi0 into the OMV!RPi3, where the RPi0 is showing up as internet interface usb0, and bridge connections usb0 and eth0, exposing the RPi0 to the rest of the network. The problem being that usb0 doesn't show up in OMV. Is there some way to make usb0 show up in the list of network interfaces in OMV, or is this more of a Debian "muck around in the command line and learn about VLANs and related topics" type of thing? I think I'm the only person trying this out, and really it's to save a few bucks and maybe a port or two. But then I could say I did this weird setup, and isn't that half the fun?

Thanks so much to anyone who considers helping me out. :D

• I think this is solution
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/h…devices-named-using-udev/

(I don't have raspberry so I didn't tested it)

Thanks for the response – I messed around with it and a few other solutions and there seems to be a problem in that the USB Ethernet Gadget module on Raspbian Jessie keeps assigning a new, randomized MAC address every time, I guess? I think the simpler solution is to just hook this thing up to my network directly, oh well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!