OwnCloud client on omv

• Hello

I´m running omv on a odroid-xu4 and I'm pretty satisfied with it. My mainfocus was it to get a fast nas with a lot of disk space. But since a few weeks, I have the need to access a few folders on my nas from my PC at work. Which is a pain, because of the bandwith at home.

A friend of mine hosts nextcloud (a new fork of owncloud) on a vServer where I have an account with 400GB space, which would be more than enugh for me. So my idea is, to install a owncloud/nextcloud client on my omv 2.0 to share a few folders with the vServer.

Things I've done so far:

• installed the kde-desktop plugin (because I think I need the gui to define which folders shall be synced)
    • Followed the installation guide for owncloud client on Debian 7.

Code
    echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/desktop/Debian_7.0/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud-client.list 
    apt-get update 
    apt-get install owncloud-client

In line 3 I get an error message (I don't have acces to my omv nas right now and I can't remember the message)

I can hand in the error message in two days, but I want to ask you already:

• Is it theoretical possible to install an owncloud client on omv to sync some shared folders.
    • Do you see an obvious mistake I made during the installation process?

Looking forward to your assumptions. ;)

• Hi,

it is not necessary to run KDE.
    The cmd-line tool is sufficient.
    I tested it myself successfully.
    You could create a cron job for repeated syncs.

BTW
    The installation on my system was no problem.
    And, as I use my self-hosted NextCloud as a backup, I do not use the OC sync client.
    I mount the webdav-folder manually and "rsync" my data.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!