[Solved] WebGui: Error #0 - Failed to connect to socket: Permission denied

• I just upgraded to OMV3 today most of it went fine, but I cant connect to the WebGui. I get this error when I try to login.

I have removed a lot of the plugins, here is whats left:

omv-engined -d -f shows now error.

Any suggestions on how to get the webgui up and running again?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

• I still need some help here. I cant find any errors, except the one in the web-interface when I login, but I cant see what permissions is missing???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some upgrades from 2.x to 3.x don't go well. omv-engined -df will put engined in debug and can possibly show you more output that would help. systemctl stop openmediavault-engined before that command will stop it so you can start it in debug.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I was prepared for minor problems, because I have a lot of other applications running on my OMV server. (Minecraft, Prodogy, Jenkins, postfix, dovecot and more) but evrything seems to work now, except the omv web interface.

I have tried:

root@fractal:~# systemctl stop openmediavault-engined
    root@fractal:~# omv-engined -df
    omv-engined[16461]: Daemon process started (pid=16462)
    root@fractal:~# Registered data models:

but if didnt help (and no error was show in the console when I tried to login) ?

Software:

Hardware:

• I suddenly realized that I ran omv-engined as root, so I tried to run it as "openmediavault"

sudo -u openmediavault omv-engined -df

and now I got an error:

Code
    omv-engined[20313]: Failed to bind socket: Address already in useFailed to bind socket: Address already in use

But dont understand the number 20313, because the process seems to run under 20323 ???

Code
    root@fractal:~# ps -ef | grep omvroot     20323     1  0 14:29 ?        00:00:00 omv-engined                                              root     20590 17953  0 14:33 pts/2    00:00:00 grep omv

Or maybe I misunderstand something?

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

engined restarts itself and it is ok to run as root for debug.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• So I checked file permissions on the files in /usr/share/openmediavault/*

And it seems that some of the files is owned by "root" and some of "www-data" is this correct or should they be owned by only one user?

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Every file in /usr/share/openmediavault should owned by root. Better question is why are some owned by www-data? OMV didn't do that.

• Every file in /usr/share/openmediavault should owned by root. Better question is why are some owned by www-data? OMV didn't do that.

I cant tell that, it is and very old installation, upgraded many times. The /usr/share/openmediavault folder was owned by www-data too. The fileowner is now set to root:root for all the files. and php5, nginx and omv restarted, but still no succes when I try to login. Maybe its something about the php-frm pool?

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:

omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php5fpm
    systemctl restart nginx
    systemctl restart php5-fpm

• Running the 4 commands brought me one step further. Running "omv-mkconf php5fpm" created a new file in my php5-frm pool with a blank "user=" and blank "group=". I added "www-data" and restarted php5-frm and then I was able to login. :) BUT :(

I got three new errors (after login):

Code
    The property 'user.0' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.phpfpm.pool'.

and this seems to trigger:

And

Software:

Hardware:

• So I removed
    #apt-get remove openmediavault-mysql
    #apt-get remove openmediavault-transmissionbt
    #apt-get remove openmediavault-backup
    temporarily - and then Im down to one error which only happens one time when I login:

Code
    The property 'user.0' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.phpfpm.pool'.

Error #0: exception 'OMV\AssertException' with message 'The property 'user.0' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.phpfpm.pool'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc:71 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(186): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->assertExists('user.0') #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(271): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->set('user.0', 'www-data', false) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(233): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, false, false) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(85): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array, false) #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/phpfpm-server.inc(75): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.ph...') #5 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\PhpFpmServer->getList(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array) #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('PhpFpm', 'getList', Array, Array, 1) #9 {main}

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Either remove the nginx plugin or edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and change user to username and group to groupname in the /config/services/phpfpm/pools section

• Either remove the nginx plugin or edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and change user to username and group to groupname in the /config/services/phpfpm/pools section

I removed the nginx plugin, and installed it again, but I had to manually change some of the files in /etc/php5/frm/pool.d/* before I could start/restart php5.

I can now login to the webgui and make changes and I can install new plugins again.

I have only two problems left.

1) Each time I make a change, press "save", and the "apply changes" I get this error: "An error has occurred" and no other description??? but the changes are saved. So I don't know what fails here).

2) When I try to re-install CloneZilla from omv-extras "nothing happens"

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

1) That is error is just a communication loss with engined. Depending on the change, you will see it every time nginx and/or php5-fpm is restarted.

2) It must already be installed. If you want to reinstall, remove the clonezilla iso file from /boot/

• 1) That is error is just a communication loss with engined. Depending on the change, you will see it every time nginx and/or php5-fpm is restarted.

2) It must already be installed. If you want to reinstall, remove the clonezilla iso file from /boot/

1) ok, no probem then.
    2) They were installed before the ugrade, but the tabs disappeared properly when I removed "openmediavault-backup" when I tried to solve the login issue. I will try to remove clonezilla and reinstall... to get the tabs appear in the backup plugin.

Thank you for your always very very good support!

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

2 - The clonezilla, gparted live, systemrescuecd iso install options were moved from the backup plugin to omv-extras. Look at the kernel tab in omv-extras.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!