[OMV3.0.41 on Rpi] disk space issues at first run

• This is my first installation attempt of OMV 3.0.41 on a Raspberry Pi 2 with 8Gb uSD card.

Installed the image with Win32DiskImager
    Booted the RPi
    Able to get into the web interface but ran into some errors:

• check updates gave: " Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusk2k7e8' (size=0)."
    • change time zone, able to save but no commit banner
    • change NTP server, able to save but no commit banner.

So I went to CLI and ran DF -h

checked message log

So i seem to have some diskspace errors. The SD card has been used for testing other RPi images before, no issues detected yet. I always do low level formatting before burning the image.

Any advice?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I forgot to delete the zeroing file. What is the output of: ls -alh /

I will fix the image later.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

it contains a 1.6Gb zero.dd file - should i delete it?

Yep. New image won't have it. Uploading new image now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Thanks - i installed the revised image and no more diskspace issues.

tough this time the webinterface is not starting.

dmesg | grep error shows:

Code
    [..] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): ext4_find_dest_de:1808: inode #20: block 8267: comm apt-get: bad entry in directory: rec_len is smal                                         ler than minimal - offset=0(0), inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0
    [..] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): htree_dirblock_to_tree:986: inode #1194: block 8514: comm tar: bad entry in directory: rec_len is sm                                         aller than minimal - offset=0(0), inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0

top is not working either. /usr/share/terminfo is empty

• Offizieller Beitrag

That sounds like a bad card. Do you have another one you can try?

• I had a chance to try the new image (3.0.41) today, looks to work ok so far. Still getting things set up but no major issues yet.

Getting wifi to work on boot is fixed and I've got the problematic power management to turn off during the boot sequence using rc.local.

@ryecoaaron thank you very much for your help getting me started.

omv 3.0.53 | RPi3 | 2 x 2TB WDRed | Startech Enclosure S3510BMU33B | Weekly Rsync

• Update on this, system seems to be up and running (still with a few niggles) but I've completely given up on wifi. I suspect that this is an RPi3 issue and not OMV. I'd constantly get network connections dropping meaning I couldn't ssh in to troubleshoot. Without a connected screen I had to blindly use a keyboard to reboot. Since moving to a wired connection I've not had any network issues.

omv 3.0.53 | RPi3 | 2 x 2TB WDRed | Startech Enclosure S3510BMU33B | Weekly Rsync

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!