MariaDB instead of MySQL

• Hello together,

i've tried to install MariaDB 10.1 on a fresh installed OMV 3.0.46. I read a few threads so I must install the omv-mysql plugin first and then mariadb and in another thread it is the opposite.

At the end I get a succesfull installation. At first OMV, then MariaDB und then the omv-mysql-plugin.

BUT when i want to start the service over the plugin the following error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl enable mysql.service 2>&1' with exit code '1': Synchronizing state for mysql.service with sysvinit using update-rc.d... Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d mysql defaults insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `mysql' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5). insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `mysql' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6). Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d mysql enable Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory

In the dashboiard the service MySQL (mariadb-server) is Enabled. But the symbol for running in the dashboard is red and I can't start the service over WebUI or command.

If I remove the omv-mysql-plugin and start the service it works fine. The a reinstall of omv-mysql it shows in the Dashboard running but not enabled.

Has anybody a idea how I get MariaDB to work with the OMV-plugin?

Thx ?(

OMV 3.0.59 - Erasmus | 64 bit | 4.8 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 3.4.14
    i7 4790T | 32GB | 5*2TB RAID5 | 3ware 9650SE-12M

• Offizieller Beitrag

On a fresh VM, I installed mariadb apt-get install mariadb-server then the plugin apt-get install openmediavault-mysql and everything works fine.

i've tried to install MariaDB 10.1

Where you getting 10.1 from? 10.0 is in the Debian repo.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why are you using 10.1 instead of 10.0 from the Debian repo? Please try the debian version first before you start adding other repos.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thx ryecoaaron this works

i did the same with the mariadb-repo on omv 2 and this works there, as im not so familiar with linux i think the same should do on omv 3.

Never think on installing it directly from the debian repo, i´m sorry i feel bad now

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!