users creation

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just out of curiosity, change the other no access users and test to read only and save/apply. Does that work or does only the test user lose privileges?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• when i test with another user, it's works, for exemple : "ftp_User_MV" user, can't have acces to "autres" shared folder, i change for "read /write" and the changes is ok, but this user can't have acces to "autres" shared folder when i test with ftp protocol.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, I can't replicate this issue. Not sure what else to tell you.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I did a low-level format on my SD card and i have recreate my OMV server, and this problem is back.
    i have created users and folder with OMV 3.0.41 et after i have install update, and now i can't add shared folder for the users.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did a low-level format on my SD card

If the SD card is failing, this will not fix it.

You need to explain the steps you are doing if you want us to try to recreate.

• ok so :

i install the iso on the sd card, after i go to the webgui for parameters, network, hours, and after i mount my HDD (3HDD with USB switch and 1 usbkey on my raspberry), after i create shared folder, i create the users, for the finish i have installed MiniDLNA with the plug in section of the webgui and i did update.

i back on the user panel for add new user and the shared forlder for this user are not included.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried to duplicate your workflow and cannot duplicate your problem. Are you waiting to click Apply until the very end or are you clicking it at different points?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I meant throughout the whole process not just at the end when it doesn't work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The exact steps you a taking including every click, button, etc. If I can't recreate it, I can't help.

• okay, whaou...
    so i install OMV with win2diskImager, after i have connected my rapsberry on my router (TP Link), after i go to the webgui, i go change the ip (DHCP to static IP 192.168.1.2), saving changes,
    After : Date, times: i using NTP server from internet so i choose "time zone" "Europe/Paris",
    i connect and mount my HDD, i saving changes.
    I create a shared folder, saving changes,
    i create user, save changes, choose shared folder, saving changes,
    i download mini DLNA server 3.3.3,
    i made update,
    after i wan't create new user, i can't.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm pretty sure I am doing the same thing. I really can't figure out why this is happening. Try the same process without installing minidlna (although it shouldn't cause the problem). I would try updating everything from the Updates tab right away as well.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• GOOD NEWS !!!!

It's my DLNA the problem, when i remove it, i can creat new user, but when minidlna is installed i can't.

Great and thanks.

But, Are there a command to delete all of the components? it must surely remain files into the OS of this plugin, right?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's my DLNA the problem, when i remove it, i can creat new user, but when minidlna is installed i can't.

This doesn't make any sense to me but oh well.

Are there a command to delete all of the components? it must surely remain files into the OS of this plugin, right?

Uninstalling the plugin from the web interface should delete everything. Why do you think something should be left?

• i'm surprised but when i have "miniDLNA" on my raspberry i can't create and add shared folder, but when i delet this plugin i can creat, i made a test and when i disable this plug in, i can't create and add shared folder, Verily must uninstall the plug in.

i don't understand, i think miniDLNA3.3.3 lock the user database or something like that.
    But, i'm not a pro of Debian.

and for the command, i want to be sure that everything is deleted.

But thanks for this help,
    Moreno.

• Offizieller Beitrag

and for the command, i want to be sure that everything is deleted.

When you uninstall something from Windows, how do you know everything is deleted? The same goes for Linux. The best I can offer is to uninstall the plugin unless you want to search directories for files.

i don't understand, i think miniDLNA3.3.3 lock the user database or something like that.

Nope. The plugin doesn't do this. The only thing it does is add the minidlna user (created by the minidlna package not the plugin) to a secondary group of users. I just tried to replicate this on my RPi and everything works correctly. All I can think is you are doing something you aren't mentioning or your SD card is bad.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've killed a brand new card in two days.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!