Samba share - no access (Win10& Ubuntu) - canceled, did new OMV3.0 Installation

• Hi all,

I have OMV2 installed and wanted to access the shares with my windows 10 laptop. When I enter the omv system IP the share appears, but trying to access it I get teh message that I do not have the rights and should ask my admin ....

I did already:

- Started SMB Service
    - Added Samba share
    - Added user with PW (without any special characters)
    - Shut off and on samba service many times
    - deleted credentials in windows 10
    - swithced of windows firewall
    - tryed new share on omv with new user/pw combi

all this I did many times.

Does anybody have another idea? Would be great!!!!Thx!

• BTW: I´m learning every day more, but still I´m a beginner, I guess! So any question which helps to help me is appreciated!!

Background: OMV2 on RPI 2 with external HD 2TB (ext4) via USB Hub, Remote shares on QNAP212 linked, Target is to backup the data on the remote share in omv.

The windows updates mentioned in another discussion are not installed on my machine.

• Yes give user rights, everything about Open Media Vault is giving rights to users as well as applications. For instance if you use Transmission then you need to give Transmission access to the folder or it won't download.

• When I try to change the user rights for "users" to read, write, run, then I get the following message:

Fehler #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; chown --recursive root:users '/media/671de1c8-e972-416a-8d49-16b6d0a57192/' 2>&1': chown: cannot access `/media/671de1c8-e972-416a-8d49-16b6d0a57192/QNAP_Multimedia': Permission deniedchown: cannot access `/media/671de1c8-e972-416a-8d49-16b6d0a57192/QNAP_Recordings': Permission deniedchown: cannot access `/media/671de1c8-e972-416a-8d49-16b6d0a57192/QNAP_Public': Permission denied' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1165Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

• Maybe another detail, which might be important:

The OMV2.0 System was running quite well, but I was trying to change the rsnapshot cron task a bit. My intention was to make it do an incremental backup e.g. every first saturday of a month. Using OMV as a safety backup only I wanted it to do a weekly backup on saturday, a monthly on the first saturday of a month, and a yearly on the first saturday of a year.

I had many daily backups on the disk from the installation and try out phase, to get rid of them I formated the HD again and tried to mount it in omv (the existing installation) again. From that time on the SMB shares did not work anymore.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!