Upgrade to 3.0.46 from 2.2 Issues

• Did a command line upgrade Today and receive this error when I try to log into web interface. I have a basic install on an AMD Processor with 8Gb Ram and a 5-drive RAID 5 array. OMV is installed on a 2Gb USB flash drive. It has been running fine for about 2 years. I have no plugins installed at all. I am neither a programmer nor a Linux expert, but can work in the command line some.

Here is the error:
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0).' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:198
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(213): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(168): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

Any thoughts anyone? I will do a clean install tomorrow if need be as my config is pretty basic like I said. Thanks in advance.

• I had a very basic install too but after so many problems appearing after upgrading OMV (with no plugins) I did a fresh install.
    Slow booting, couldn't update, notification GUI errors and errors popping up on various other GUI pages.

The install and reconfigure was only about 1/10th of the time I had spent trying to fix it.
    My advice.... avoid the pain of upgrading and just fresh install, then update to 3.0.46 before you configure anything.

• I deleted that file, rebooted, but still same error. Check for the file again, it is there again as I assume recreated on reboot, but it's still 0 bytes. Deleted it again, got login screen, but then after putting in username and password, same error again.

• So, I got a little creative and copied the file you asked me to delete over from a fresh install on a different box and now I can get to the login screen but I cant login. I put in my password and click login, but after a few seconds where it looks as though it will allow me to login, it goes right back to the login screen. I can ssh into it though, so is there a way to reset the admin login?

• I'm pretty sure I found the problem. Now, how to fix it.

When I input command - service apache2 status, I receive:

apache2.service
    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
    Active: inactive (dead)

• I had the same problem you mentioned in the TS, opening cli and updating solved it for me:

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get autoclean && reboot

Now I'm getting a different error mentioning a missing module file, pretty sure its a problem in the current build and probably fixed soon, just a update tommorow. Everything except the GUI works here.

• Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1 9.5G 3.6G 5.5G 40% /
    udev 10M 0 10M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 738M 9.0M 729M 2% /run
    tmpfs 1.9G 4.0K 1.9G 1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/sdb1 1.8T 1.2T 612G 67% /media/da29f8ee-7963-4b9e-917f-cd1d4dd4d6a8
    /dev/sda3 131G 50G 75G 40% /media/fc187755-6792-4e35-8fd1-ca6b7f2f5734

Post scriptum, I'm not the topic starter. Just posting my output in case this helps in finding the problem because i seem to have a similar error (Have a backup with a 2.x version to revert back to).

• Current error:

Trying to login, takes a while, then getting the following error:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

After this suspected that the omv engine was not running and/or I'm running a incompatible plugin:

# omv-engined -d -f

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/config.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/couchpotato.inc on line 20

Since this plugin is unused and like to see what happens with the next loaded pluging I removed it:
    # remove --purge openmediavault-couchpotato

Then again
    # omv-engined -d -f

Gives an error in the next plugin

HP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/object.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/plexmediaserver.inc on line 22

Pretty sure if i remove this one I get the same error on a different plugin.

I've not spend any time before on debugging OMV, which is great :). But the downside is that I'm not sure how to debug and have no idea what is changed in 3.x around the include files. Hope this helps with solving michael's problem, have to go to work now.

• For what its worth, fixing the problem was fairly easy, basically had to swap out the etra plugins for the 3.x versions.... Stupid me :)

Mediavault 3.x is great btw, really love its debian 8 base (read: this noob only knows systemd)

• I seem to having the same problem as GreenBean. How did you swap out the plugins?

Dell Precision 670: 4 XEON CPUs, dedicated system internal hard drive,one internal storage drive, and two external USB harddrives

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!