Just built my first OMV - looking to add UMS/PS3MS

• So I have a neat HP n54l that I just setup to replace my old NAS. I'm still waiting to complete restoring my old nas's broken raid1, but had a question.

Has anyone tried adding universal media server or it's predacessor PS3 Media Server? I've used UMS before and was quite happy with it. I have not tried anything with it yet, but I did search the forums and google and didn't find much about people trying this combo.

Anyone here tried it, or have suggestions? I'm very very comfortable with linux/debiand and ubuntu - just new to OMV.

Cheers,
    AK

ssh someheadlesshost.buried.4000milesaway.net -l root
    ifdown eth0

Houston we have an idiot.

OMV 0.4.24 on HP n54l microserver

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is just Debian. PMS runs on OMV just fine. I'm sure UMS will to.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the feedback.. I'll post with my results once the raid rebuild completes.

ifdown eth0

• Are you suggesting Plex Media as an alternative? I've had no experience with Plex, and not marry'd to UMS/PS3MS.

ifdown eth0

• assuming my n54l can handle it - want/need transcoding. ps3 is my main problem target, as I can get my android and even my blu-ray to handle most streams, but the PS3 is picky.

ifdown eth0

• outside of this OpenMediaVault, I would strongly recommend UMS vs PS3MS. At least with the current state. However, I have had an issue with the very very latest UMS release, but going back a dot release (sorry don't have the numbers in front of me) cleared it up. It has to do with how ffmpeg is linked and so your mileage may vary on the lastest and greatest.

ifdown eth0

• The n54l cannot handle transcode on the fly, not for HD material.

PS3MS is great for PS3 esp.. I personally do not like miniDLNA and have never tried plex, but will give it a try myself.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!