Format previous RAID member?

• Ok - so I had a disk that was a previous member of a RAID 5 - I didn't have much data on it, and decided to go with a mergefs solution to get the space in one large area, and I will have a second OMV setup to do rsync occasionally as a back up the whole system, or use the usbbackup plugin, something. That is for the near future.

What I am having issues with is the one of my disks was a member of this RAID array. During bootup, I see that mdadm sees it, but says that RAID array cannot be built/mounted/something due to three of 4 members missing. Yes, three of them are missing.

I see the disk in Physical Disks, but nothing shows up in RAID Management (not unexpected), but it does not show up under File Systems either when I go to create one on it.

I am familiar with the command line in linux, but not mdadm - can anyone inform me how to tell mdadm to wipe/forget this disk, so that I can use it as a regular data disk?

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!