OMV 3.0 - postfix config gets overriden

• Hello,

On my server I've configured custom postfix with dovecot with multiple vhosts.

I don't know why but from time to time /etc/postfix/my.conf gets overridden with the info that's stored in /etc/openmediavault configuration. I think this also happens when I update omv.

How can I prevent this from ever happening. I guess it would be nice to have an option in networking where we would check a box stating that we want a special postfix config.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I prevent this from ever happening

OMV entirely controlling the config files of services is the whole idea of OMV. If you want to write custom items, you need to put a script in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/postfix.d/. Look at the other files in that directory to see how it is done.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV entirely controlling the config files of services is the whole idea of OMV. If you want to write custom items, you need to put a script in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/postfix.d/. Look at the other files in that directory to see how it is done.

Thanks for the tip, will carnally do this since omv is a great eco system!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!