3.0.47 Plugins Aborting

• Have what I believe is a stable, successful OMV 3.0.47 installation, with all omvextras installed. From the webGUI I have tried to install shell-in-a-box and SnapRaid, but have gotten this error in both cases:

E: Failed to fetch https://dl.binary.com/openmedi…snapraid_10.0-1_amd64.deb Could not resolve host: dl.bintray.com

E: Failed to fetch https://dl.binary.com/openmediavault-snapraid_3.3_all.deb Could not resolve host: dl.bintray.com

Anybody know what is happening here?

• Tried to install Backports Kernel from 3.0.47 omvextras. Here's the error:

Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export
    PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf omvextras installbackports': Install backports 4.7 kernel and headers
    Reading package lists...
    ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextrasorg.inc:241
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceOmvExtras->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusAA...', '/tmp/bgoutputGz...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextrasorg.inc(244): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceOmvExtras->doCommand(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('doCommand', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('OmvExtras', 'doCommand', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Don't know what to try next.

• OK. After trying several plugins, backport kernel, and Apt Clean, the consistent problem seems to be the inability of the system to get to d1.bintray.com.

And I am relunctant to to enable any of the 3.0 omvextras repos (after reading some of the issues posted throughout the forum) until I have some more experienced responses.

• Thanks. The DNS servers are all setup. The update was loaded from the command line via the web, so I know I have connections. But I'll try pinging the dl.bintray.com site. But actually, I will need to know exactly how to go about that. I am not experienced with linux (actually, that's an understatement :/ ).

• Offizieller Beitrag

ping -c2 dl.bintray.com

https://linux.die.net/man/8/ping

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ping -c2 dl.bintray.com

When I run this command, it comes back as: "unknown host dl.bintray.com".

I have all my DNS servers setup, ifconfig shows a good IP address (which shows up in my router admin listing) - I am at a loss as to what may be happening. I know that my subnet mask is a bit weird, because my router says it's 255.255.254.0 instead of the standard 255.255.255.0, but I've tried it both ways and seems to have no effect.

What's odd is that I did the update via the web, so why is it not responding now?

• Ah Ha! Reading an old thread made me check my router admin files again. This is weird - if I run ifconfig, I see my eth0 IP address listed just fine (I have it set to static). But when I look into the router admin, it is not showing. What's up with that?

additional ...
    tried to update my eth0 settings, and got this error:
    "Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//system/network/interfaces/interface[uuid='939e8201-1264-459b-832b-035327564610']'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(96): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.net...', '939e8201-1264-4...')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(237): OMV\Config\Database->getAssoc('conf.system.net...', '939e8201-1264-4...')
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/network.inc(151): OMV\Config\Database->set(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject))
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/network.inc(537): OMVRpcServiceNetwork->setInterfaceConfig(Array, Array)
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceNetwork->setEthernetIface(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setEthernetIfac...', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Network', 'setEthernetIfac...', Array, Array, 1)
    #8 {main}"

rebooted. only the "lo" shows now in ifconfig.

• Still can't get Install Backports Kernel to happen.
    Tried a couple of my plugins, and still was getting the errors.
    Then ran Update in OMV-Extras.
    Still can't get Install Backports Kernel to happen.
    But am now able to install my plugins.

Error stopping the backports install is:
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf omvextras installbackports': Install backports 4.7 kernel and headers
    Reading package lists...
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceOmvExtras->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusmX...', '/tmp/bgoutputZ7...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextrasorg.inc(244): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('doCommand', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('OmvExtras', 'doCommand', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

100% packet loss means nothing is getting out to internet. Try dhcp again

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

No idea. This is a network issue when it cant get out using dhcp.

• This is a network issue when it cant get out using dhcp.

So if I can ping other addresses outside of my home network, such as one in Australia at 139.130.4.5 with 0% packet loss, but not dl.bintray.com, is it still a network issue? I noticed somewhere along the line that dl.bintray.com is an https URL which would indicate a security layer is at play. But what to do about it? Is it at my end?

BTW, plugins are installing - I am setting up SnapRaid right now. This was one that was failing due to not being able to access dl.bintray.com. So maybe I'm chasing a red herring on this one right now? The Error 0 I'm getting when trying to install backports doesn't refer to dl.bintray.com:

"Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf omvextras installbackports': Install backports 4.7 kernel and headers
    Reading package lists...
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceOmvExtras->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatuss4...', '/tmp/bgoutputYA...')
    #6 {main}"

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pinging an ip doesnt need dns. Pinging a domain name does. if you can download from anything but https, it seems like something is blocking. Never seen this before. can you go to the bintray url from another system?

• can you go to the bintray url from another system?

Yes. When I enter https://dl.bintray.com I get a blank white window. If I enter https://bintray.com I get a JFrog Bintray window.

update-
    I open a command window on my Windows 10 system and attempted to ping dl.bintray.com. Same result - 4 packets sent, 0 received, 100% loss.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von curious1 () aus folgendem Grund: update

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!