nginx / omv frontend issues

• Tried to install under nginx a server with portnr. 8000 (and other ...) ... did everything with the nginx-plugin. But after changig port 8000 to 8080 i oversaw, that the port was already in use (sabnzbd). Don't know how this infected port 80, but for now the omv-frontend is down.

tried some diagnosis ... what can I do/try?

Code
    omv-firstaid

Updating web control panel settings. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl restart nginx 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for nginx.service failed. See 'systemctl status nginx.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

Code
    systemctl status nginx.service

● nginx.service - A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled)
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Di 2016-10-25 11:35:31 CEST; 14s ago
      Process: 3009 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/nginx -g daemon on; master_process on; (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
      Process: 3007 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t -q -g daemon on; master_process on; (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Q29000-ITX
    omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras

• complete new install? or ist it possible de- and reinstalll nginx .... or to deinstall the virtual server that cause the hazzle

Q29000-ITX
    omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you write a config with a port in use, nginx can't restart taking the OMV web interface down. The plugin is supposed to check for the port in use. Just remove the nginx plugin with apt-get remove openmediavault-nginx

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Good Morning,

having the following problem:

I uninstalled today as I was sure I installed this plugin for next cloud in the past..
    After reading I need to restart the NginX-Service I got this message:

Now I have the problem that I cannot reach the WebGUI. I tried the command of ryecoaaron and after that still no WebGUI...

can anyone help me?

I have currently no backup from the OMV... my most important thing is plex... can I make a copy/backup via SSH? Access via Ssh is working fine.

Intel Core i3-3220 @3.30 Ghz

16GB DDR3 RAM

OMV 5.6.24.0 (456GB HDD)

1x 1TB

2x 2TB

• Try going to a terminal on your OMV machine and use the command:

omv-firstaid

I recently had this issue and was able to fix it with this tool choosing option 2 on the menu.

• Hi Dkb1972

thank you for your reply.

When I try this I got this Error:

Here you have what's inside of the file "nginx.conf"

do you have any clue?

Intel Core i3-3220 @3.30 Ghz

16GB DDR3 RAM

OMV 5.6.24.0 (456GB HDD)

1x 1TB

2x 2TB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zeb Aztian ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!