Raid 5 - extended via USB JBOD drives / fails to initialize after reboot due to late USB Storage init

• Hi,

I've got a problem with my Raid 5. I got at Gen8 Microserver with 4x4TB which I extended via an USB3 JBOD closure with additional 4x4TB.
    Build worked, FS extend worked but after a reboot the Raid assemble fails as at that point in time the external USB3 drives are missing.

Any chance that I can delay the raid mount / assemble until the necessary external drives are available? I can get it working later but obviously
    all services are failing during start as the main data drive is not ready (/dev/md0).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have recently started recommending that people do not use usb drives for raid arrays. I don't of any way to delay assembly.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Okay ... is there any way to restart all OMV related services after I mounted the right stuff via rc.local?

Isn't this ignoring my recommendation by trying to fix it in rc.local? Your choice but with that much data, you are just asking to lose it because the array will be rebuilding a lot. You would be better off to add an external sata enclosure (I did that with my N54L).

Just do a mount -a. You shouldn't need to restart any services. There is no command to restart all services though.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I got it to work via rc.local but all services like nfs, plex, virtual box, samba do not start properly as the data drive is not there when the services start. Rebuilding is not an issue as it just doesn't start the raid and all I need to do is an mdadm --assembly --scan and then mountall.sh. drives are marked as removed on boot not as failing. My enclosure supports esata too so I may have to go this way.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!