2.2.9 -> 3.0.50 Failed

• Hello, friends.
    I've lost web-GUI after trying to upgrade OMV:

Code
    omv-release-upgrade
    omv-update

The first gave me something like "can't read /etc/apt/apt.conf: No such file or directory". After executing second command i have out:

dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    iF  openmediavault                      3.0.50                         all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-extplorer            1.3.1                          all          OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-minidlna             1.1                            all          OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    iU  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         2.13.4                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver      1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-transmissionbt       1.4                            all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.

omv-engined -d -f

WebGUI start page:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0).' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:199
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(214): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(170): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

SSH CLI, NFS, TransmissionBT are still working.

Please help me to resolve problem with failed upgrade. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm, the sed command issue should have been addressed with 3.0.50. Need to look at this again. Is it possible to get the whole upgrade output? It would be helpful to see what has been done before the sed error occurs.

What hardware are you using? If you install OMV with the official OMV ISO images and the Debian netinstall ISO the file /etc/apt/apt.conf should exist.

• I didn't save console output, sorry. Maybe some log-files would be helpful?
    My hardware is HP Microserver N40L. Initially OMV was installed from 1.x official ISO image in 17 December 2014. Then it was upgraded to 2.x by omv-release-upgrade command some months later. It was a problem with upgrade to 2.x, but it was resolved via adding, editing or removing some file in according to instructions from similar thread in this forum.

• I removed all plugins except keyring:

Code
    root@OpenMediaVault:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    rc  openmediavault                      3.0.50                         all          Open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-extplorer            1.3.1                          all          OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-minidlna             1.1                            all          OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    rc  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         2.13.4                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc  openmediavault-plexmediaserver      1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    rc  openmediavault-transmissionbt       1.4                            all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    root@OpenMediaVault:~#

Then apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade was done.

But apt-get install openmediavault still gives me error:

Any ideas what should i do?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Until this bug is fixed, you need to purge the openmediavault package itself (dpkg -P openmediavault) BUT you may lose your config. I would make a backup and save /etc/openmediavault/config.xml if you choose to do that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well, now i have omv 3.0.51 installed. It was just one error about postfix service during install:

I didn't run omv-initsystem command because i'm not sure that my config will not be overwritten with default settings. And something was still wrong. WebGUI worked only if i started omv-engined manually from CLI. This was done:

Now i have WebGUI and it seems it works. I have logged in with my password.

Can i try to reinstall plugins or something must to be done before?

• I removed all plugins except keyring:

Code
    root@OpenMediaVault:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    rc  openmediavault                      3.0.50                         all          Open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-extplorer            1.3.1                          all          OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    rc  openmediavault-minidlna             1.1                            all          OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    rc  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         2.13.4                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc  openmediavault-plexmediaserver      1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    rc  openmediavault-transmissionbt       1.4                            all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    root@OpenMediaVault:~#

Then apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade was done.

But apt-get install openmediavault still gives me error:

Any ideas what should i do?

Similar problem here :(

Has someone any clue? Thanks in advance.

• Until this bug is fixed, you need to purge the openmediavault package itself (dpkg -P openmediavault) BUT you may lose your config. I would make a backup and save /etc/openmediavault/config.xml if you choose to do that.

Thanks for pointing this out.

This solved the the apt-get errors, but now OMV does not run anymore.

Configuration has not been lost, the web interface is on port 80 and I get the login box.

When I put my login details and click on "Login" after 30 seconds I get a "communication error".

If I try to run omv-firstaid and select "Configure web control panel" after about a minute I get a "ERROR: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable" message.

I've even tried to run omv-initsystem, but this has changed nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!