Start Install from mounted USB?

• Hello all,

I have broken my 2.0 setup in the process of trying to update to 3.0 and am now forced to start fresh (which might be a good thing anyways).

I am setting up on a headless HP N40L, and do not have a screen I can attach available to me.

My idea: I created the bootable USB with the OMV installer. I also have a second bootable USB on which there is a barebones ssh shell linux.

When I boot the server using the ssh shell stick I can ssh into it, and mount the OMV installer usb and access its contents.

But - is there any way from there to start & run the installation?

Since I don't have a screen, I am hoping that this way I can get OMV installed. The system drive that it should be installed on is also available of course.

Thanks for any ideas!

PS: Or if someone can give me the amount of "Enters" I need to press to set up OMV, I can try doing it blind ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Boot a live distro that you can ssh into. Then read this

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!