System information - performance statistics exception on RPi3

• Hi All,
    I have a RPi3 with OMV 3.0.50.
    The performance statistics not works (it never worked, since i installed the OMV 3.x).
    A sample line from the system log:

Oct 31 07:45:01 my rrdcached[1287]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/cpu-0/cpu-idle.rrd) failed with status -1. ('/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/cpu-0/cpu-idle.rrd' is not an RRD file)

...and throw exeption, when i click on the refresh button:

exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkgraph 2>&1' with exit code '1': ERROR: '/var/lib/rrdcached/db//localhost/cpu-0/cpu-idle.rrd' is not an RRD file' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rrd.inc(54): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceRrd->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusgt...', '/tmp/bgoutput1Z...')
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rrd.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRrd->generate(NULL, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('generate', NULL, Array)
    #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Rrd', 'generate', NULL, Array, 1)
    #7 {main}

How do I correct this?
    This is a bug (needs some system level changes)?
    Thanks for the kind advice. :)

Zsolt

• Offizieller Beitrag

Statistics are pain in the ass on the RPi because of the lack of a real time clock. I disable them by default on my RPi images because I think it slows down the RPi. If you are using an RPi for something important enough for statistics, then I wouldn't use an RPi.

Did you upgrade from 2.x? Did you try omv-firstaid?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, I didn't upgrade fro 2.x. I installed 3.0.41 image first.
    Statistics didn't work.
    Nor, after update to 3.0.50.

I do not use anything important to justify the statistics, I was just curious only. :)

I want to build a home cloud server, with some web serving (nginx plugin),
    media server (minidlna or plex), ftp (with SSL/TLS only), webdav (SSL/TLS only), some SMB/CIFS for my Windows PC-s,
    and I want to try Owncloud, how it works.
    I think OMV is the best basis to try these.
    Performance stats is only some info for me about RPi3 performance.

I didn't try omv-firstaid.
    Do you think it correct the p. statistics?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't test or use statistics. So, not sure if it can help or not. I don't know why they wouldn't work. All I did is turn off the monitoring. Maybe collectd files need to be reset when enabling monitoring?

Performance stats is only some info for me about RPi3 performance.

With slow network sharing usb bus with hard drive and relatively slow cpu, the only performance stats I need on an RPi is system load and memory use shown on the system info tab :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I solved! :)

The omv-firstaid > rrd check fails, and it has not solved the problem.

But i found the mistake:
    I found this: all RRD file is malformed in all subdirectories of the directory /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/.
    The original error message was true: '/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/cpu-0/cpu-idle.rrd' is not an RRD file.
    Every RRD file header must start with "RRD.0003", but doesn't in the files above.
    (And all files are wrongly dated: 7th day of december in this year. Future?)

I stopped the monitoring, then i deleted all RRD files in the subdirectories above.
    All performance statistic works, after restart the monitoring.
    RRD files recreated in the correct format.

I don't know, but I think maybe the original RRD files are corrupt in the OMV install disk image for RPi.
    However, you are right, because the monitoring is sufficiently slows down the RPI.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will delete the files on the next image.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just uploaded a 3.0.51 image that should have all the issues I know of fixed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!