Screwed up permissions: easy fix?

• I installed the Calibre plugin and accidentally set "/" (the root folder) as the calibre data directory. This had the effect of changing the permissions of all my files and directories on the disk to owner "calibre" and group "users".

I'm prepared to back up all the data, wipe the drive and reconfigure it from scratch, but I noticed in Access Rights Management > Shared Folders there is a "Reset Permissions" tab. How does this work? Will it automagically fix my disk or will I have to nuke it as planned?

• Offizieller Beitrag

accidentally set "/" (the root folder) as the calibre data directory

Where did you set this at?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then the reset permissions should help. They may not be the same as you had them but they won't be owned by calibre. Just create shared folder that has the path of / and the use reset permissions on that shared folder.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It won't let me add "/" (of my data drive) as a shared folder (it wants a folder name). Anyways I want to make sure all the permissions are perfect so I will go through the process of formatting and reconfiguring the drive. Thanks for the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!