Remote Share Plugin

• I have installed the remote share plugin - v1.1. I can create a connection to a Windows PC. Using WinSCP (or Putty) I can move and copy files to and from the remote windows share to and from the NAS. However if I try and then share out this share (as it were) using Samba, it all appears to go OK until you then view the share on the NAS from another Windows PC. The share appears, but when you browse it, all you see is a zero length file that is the name of any folders underneath the share.

I have tried this on OMV 2.2.12.

Any help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why are you sharing a remotely mounted samba share via samba? Can't you just access the source? This is kind of the problem with remotely mounting shares. There is permission issues all over the places. OMV 3.x has a new plugin called remote mount that may help a bit.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sadly, no I can't access the source directly. The NAS box has two network interfaces. One for a network of various devices, and another that is defined by IT. They will not let the two connect directly. They would like to be able to copy files from one network to another. They should be able to copy one way i.e. IT -> NAS as they can see the samba shares on the IT side, but on the other side, we cannot see the IT network.

So I thought that it would be possible to use the Remote Share plugin to do this.

I can't easily upgrade to v3.0.

• Just a bit more info. From extplorer, I can see files on the Windows server, but I am unable to create a file or folder. However from Midnight Commander, I can copy files to the Windows server and delete them too.

Sounds like a permissions issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are probably running midnight commander as root? extplorer runs as extplorer user which may not have privileges for a lot of the data.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!