[SOLVED] VirtualBoX Please help

• let me work this out in a virtual machine with no internet. i'll put together with just the packages. Give me til tomorrow. we can get it working but can we install plugin with internet connection? That is the question. I'm workin on it mia-----

OK....

TTYL, TekkB

• Miategra and Vobo, please pm me an e-mail address where I can write to you. I have a solution I think will work. Still have to test it. I will try to get it all setup and we can try it next weekend.

• I want to just report the current situation.
    To day I had long list of updates. Then tried to install VirtualBOX plugin again.
    Surprise completed the installation without error. But I can't see the VirtualBox ton GUI. But when I check System Info>Services>Overview VirtualBox Web Service is the and offline state.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Something changed with the plugin and it will not install correctly anymore. I just tried installing on 0.4.16 and 0.4.24. It didn't work on either.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I just installed it on a vm Sunday. No issues. I found out that some people are being disconnected by either the server here in the usa or something in their home country. This issue you had yesterday may be unrelated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe it won't install correctly in a VM then. I will have to try on hardware. I've had no issues with the four systems I have running OMV/Virtualbox but they have been setup for a while.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, tekkbebe is correct. Virtualbox just installed fine on a fully updated, clean install. I will leave this system up for testing since I can't test virtualbox in a vm.

• Thnx to tekkbebe he hes been helping me allot. Last time he asked for the files that you can see below;
    /etc/apt/sources.list
    /etc/apt/souces.list.d/openmediavault.list
    /etc/apt/source.list.d/omv-plugins-org-fedaykin.list

But the weird thing is, my omv server was missing both openmediavault.list and omv-plugins-org-fedaykin.list files.

I hope now he has a new solution for this situation.

• Do have these files now? openmediavault.list and omv-plugins-org-fedaykin.list You installed plugin yes????
    After installing plugin do the following.

Check for this file first:

/etc/default/virtualbox

if it is not there create it with these contents:

Code
    # defaults for virtualbox
    # sourced by vboxweb-service on startup

VBOXWEB_USER=vbox
    VBOXWEB_HOST=127.0.0.1

Then do this:
    cd /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin
    mv virtualbox.js Virtualbox.js

cd /
    modprobe vboxdrv
    reboot

After reboot check if vbox services are running:
    ps aux | grep virtualbox

Tell me if they are running at this point???? Give me the output of that command.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!