I can not turn on iscasi

• Hi.
    I installed iscsi. But I can not turn it on.
    I have a 4.7 kernel. I tried guides
    http://forum.openmediavault.or…get-plugin-install-error/
    and
    http://forum.openmediavault.or…5-Unable-to-enable-iScsi/

But it did not help.

journalctl -xe code.

And

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start iscsitarget 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for iscsitarget.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status iscsitarget.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

THx for help

• Offizieller Beitrag

ISCSI doesn't work with the backports kernel. Not much you can do about that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why is samba not enough? You could use the standard 3.16 kernel and ISCSI works (I use it). You can mount nfs shares with some versions of Windows.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I have a minimal installation of Debian + 8. OMV. It works correctly and well. But the need also kodi. Kodi absolutely requires kernel 4.7. At 3.16 it does not work correctly graphics and no sound.
    In addition, the NAS is my main "drive Hd" my pc with windows 10 ;p . On the samba can not install programs on it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OpenELEC on an RPi3 would eliminate the need to install Kodi on the OMV box. There are no patches to iSCSI that work with kernels later than 4.4 that I know.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is possible to try to install the 4.4 kernel? It might work?

I haven't tried. omv-extras has a button to install the proxmox 4.4 kernel (which is basically the Ubuntu 16 kernel). I haven't tried iSCSI on it.

I have x86 procesor. Celeron T3150.

I know your current system is not an RPi. I was recommending getting an RPi3 and using that instead of trying to run kodi and omv on the same system (bad idea in my opinion).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!