OMV and ICECAST2 Server?

• I have set up a new machine with a clean omv installation.
    it runs well.
    But no HDDs yet added .

I it possible (and how) to install a icecast2 server wich runs paralell to the omv-web-gui without trouble?

• out of curiousity, I've installed icecast2 from the repos - it's version 2.3.2 rather than 2.4.3 which is the latest

Code
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get install icecast2

then enabled the daemon by editing this file

Code
    sudo nano /etc/default/icecast2

and changing enable to true

Code
    # Edit /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml and change at least the passwords.
    # Change this to true when done to enable the init.d script
    ENABLE=true

after that checked the port and Ip the server was listening to

Code
    sudo nano /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml

and edited this line

Code
    <listen-socket>
            <port>8000</port>
            <bind-address>YOUR-IP</bind-address> -->
            <!-- <shoutcast-mount>/stream</shoutcast-mount> -->
        </listen-socket>

then finally started the daemon with

Code
    sudo service icecast2 start

after that i accessed the webui via <YOUR-IP>:8000.. suggest looking at the docs after this as I know nothing about icecast- http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.2/

Hope this helps,

Kentish

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kentish () aus folgendem Grund: added URL to docs

• OMV is designed to have a dedicate OS drive with additional data drives, it's not good practice to put data on the OS drive. It can be done though.

Going back to Icecast it looks like you need to mount a local drive. http://icecast.org/docs/icecas…g-file.html#mountsettings

After following suggestion from forum members, i've gone with a SNAP Raid set up. Multiple western digital drives with parity and then a mergefs on top to act a single share point.

• i've added a 500GB USB Drive with MP3s on it and changed the mount-part of icecast2, but there is nothing to see under "List Mountpoints"

shouldnt be there tho whole content of the folder "#icecast2" ?

and is it right to change the userpw to >< if there shall be no password?

I dont understand yet how icecast works...
    Can it play as an internet-radio or is it just only a server and has to get the music from mpd or so?
    Sorry if i my ask silly questions...

• [...] <authentication> <!-- Sources log in with username 'source' --> <source-password>password1</source-password> <!-- Relays log in username 'relay' --> <relay-password>password2</relay-password> <!-- Admin logs in with the username given below --> <admin-user>admin</admin-user> <admin-password>password3</admin-password> </authentication>[...]

• I dont understand yet how icecast works...
    Can it play as an internet-radio or is it just only a server and has to get the music from mpd or so?
    Sorry if i my ask silly questions...

No worries, we all start somewhere

My understanding is that Icecast is a streaming server that you can use to push content out onto the internet along with listening to Radio streams via a relay - however I'm doing a bit of educated guessing here as I don't use the software

Icecast is a streaming media (audio/video) server which currently supports Ogg (Vorbis and Theora), Opus, WebM and MP3 streams.
    It can be used to create an Internet radio station or a privately running jukebox and many things in between. It is very versatile in that new formats can be added relatively easily and supports open standards for communication and interaction.

MPD is a music streamer that does the same thing but locally, for example I have MPD addon install and pointing at my music directory. This is then available on my two raspberry pi's using Rune Audio - http://www.runeaudio.com/ which I control via MPDroid on my android phone.

IMHO I think the questions you might want to ask is before diving into Icecast are

• What content do I want to access - music, photos and films etc
    • Where I am going to do this - home, work etc
    • What devices do I have available - XBox, Playstation, Smart TV, Kodi Box, Phone etc

Once you've answered those you can start choosing the most suitable software to install on your NAS. Plex and Emby work will as stream anywhere solution. Kodi and Samba share work nicely if you have a PC attached to your TV.

There are loads of solutions out there :P

• Have you added the folder and run a database up date. There is a mpd client that you can run from the terminal which is handy to check things are working.

Try apt-cache search mpd | grep client

As I forgotten it's name!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Now i got it working!

but i need help for setting up autostart of mpd and mpc!

How can i let those commands run at startup:

service mpd start
    mpc random
    mpc repeat
    mpc consume
    mpc update
    mpc play

?

One thing is strange: My Internet-Radio can play the stream on port 8888 (this radio is based on mpd on a raspberry pi)
    but winamp on a xp-machine gets http/1.1 200 OK but doesn't play anything!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!